LaBomba182

Default The Bahamas, Key West and back.

We started on June 22 and finished today, August 3. In between we took my 42
GBMY while towing a 27 Contender and went from the West coast of FL, across the
lake to the East coast. Then crossed the stream over to Treasure Cay in the
Abacos. Dropped my boat off in Treasure Cay for a 10 day charter and loaded up
( I should say over loaded :-)) the Contender and headed over to the island of
Eleuthera to stay at my friends homes while my boat was on charter.
That crossing got very entertaining for about 5 minutes. :-)
Flew back to Treasure Cay after the 10 day charter was up and took the 42 over
to Eleuthera. Hung out there for a while and then went to the Exumas for a
week. This time towing an 18 foot Wellcraft open fish. And at one point the 18
footer, a 13 Whaler and a 10 foot RIB all behind the GB. At that point it
became the Clampetts go to the Exumas.

The Exumas are great, to say the least.

Came back to Eleuthera for a few days from the Exumas and then loaded up and
unhooked the Wellcraft and hooked up the Contender and headed to Key West for
the mini lobster season.
Cleared both boats with Customs over the phone, took three calls with one left
to go, (get the decal first) while on the hook in Key West and then we all went
ashore and cleared Immigration and Agriculture at the federal court house
there.

After that, a straight shot home (Sarasota).
Had all kinds of weather (mostly great), had all kinds of fun.
Anybody ever had an outboard that would not run due to a lizard decapitated in
a reed valve? Stood on deck and looked down through 8 feet of water so clear
you could read the word Mercury plain as day on the outboard that just flew off
the back of Whaler you were towing in twilight?
Both in the same day?

Might have even gotten a job out of the trip.

Now it's back from the real world and into the surreal world.

Open for questions, comments and criticisms as per usual.

Rosalie B.

x-no-archive:yes Jere Lull wrote:

LaBomba182 wrote:

Anybody ever snip Stood on deck and looked down through 8 feet of water so clear
you could read the word Mercury plain as day on the outboard that just flew off
the back of Whaler you were towing in twilight?

No, but did see the BBQ's "nut" in the sand 26' below the boat. Got it
back, too.

After I found my spare set of glasses, I stood on the deck of our boat
and could see my good bifocals on the bottom of the harbor where they
had been knocked off my face by the end of a line that was being
thrown to me. It was about 10 feet of water in Nassau harbor. It was
true that it wasn't twilight. We got them back with a pool net.

grandma Rosalie