Seahag

Default We're Back!

"John Cairns" wrote:
"Seahag" wrote:L
The engine worked great, although Bill found the set screw was missing

from
the coupling, so we are really looking forward to traveling a bit this
season. I guess he had way less confidence in his rebuild than I did!
I've been burned out working on this boat for some time, but I'm feeling
inspired again!

Welcome back, not sure where you've been, but I read a suggestion a while
back about zincs that might not be bad idea. The author suggested

installing
a zinc on the shaft between the coupling and the packing gland, if

something
happens to the coupling it could keep the shaft from falling out of the
boat.

Sure couldn't hurt!

Seahag