CANDChelp

Default Alien Sail

My slip is on the fuel dock.

Ah ha! The fumes are to blame!

RB
CANDChelp

I find the momentary disoreintation in a new place to be most
annoying. I try to stay sharp by practising in more familiar environments.
Also, it fun
to be looking for new things in a harbor I've sailed in for 25 years.

Good christ.

RB
Donal

"CANDChelp" wrote in message
I even had my GPS switched on - mainly because my log was clogged up!

Good lord. 1st the pinhead says all instruments should be available, then

he
admits that some of is weren't working at all!!

It's almost too sad to Bwahahahah at.

Bwahahahahah anyway!

You're getting way too easy Bob!

Regards

Donal

CANDChelp

It's almost too sad to Bwahahahah at.

Bwahahahahah anyway!

You're getting way too easy Bob!

You're right. You, Ganz and Neal may targets of yourselves that even Ozzy can't
resist poking at you!

RB
Simple Simon

"CANDChelp" wrote in message ...
that even Ozzy can't
resist poking at you!

Who?

CANDChelp

that even Ozzy can't
resist poking at you!

Who?

Soupy the sockpuppet.

RB
CANDChelp

pedantic

Good word.

RB
Jeff Morris

I've never gone through without at least a few little chats. And if nothing else, its
nice to know what's going to happen in a few minutes.

"Marc" wrote in message
Are you telling us that you made the run through Hellgate without
monitoring 9, 13, and 16? Are you telling us that you made no
securite call at the throgs neck, brothers, or the gate, announcing
your vessel, route and destination? Are you telling us you were not in
communication with the large commercial traffic with whom you were
sharing the water.? If so,you are reckless, but not alone. When I
hail a tug driver and discuss intentions, I actually get thanked for
getting on the radio.

On 28 Jul 2003 18:31:57 GMT, (CANDChelp) wrote:

And the radio! Did you really mean to say that went through the busiest harbor
in the
country without turning on the radio? Not too swift there, booby.

Yup!!! No need to monitor the radio 24/7 either. Few boats do.

RB

Jeff Morris

You should, assuming you sail in anything other than a totally benign environment. This
doesn't plotting courses and working running fixes, but it should mean having a fair guess
of your compass course.

BTW, How many people here have done a running fix in the last year? In their life? Know
what it is?

"CANDChelp" wrote in message
practice in daylight, how do you know how to do it in the haze?

Sure but practice every time?

According to Neal and Ganz you should ALWAYS be piloting!

RB