Jeff Morris

Default Alien Sail

Hey Neal - you won, Booby just announced it! None of your arguments made any sense to me,
but booby is convincing. I think you should take lessons from him!

"CANDChelp" wrote in message
This why the Crapton©'s picture is in the dictionary under the definition of
"loser"

He is relying on Bubbles to help his claim that he won!

He did win. Jeff lost, then tried to alter the thread and finally called Neal
names.
Neal stayed on topic and proved his points. I'm hardly a huge fan of Neal's,
but I know a knock out when I see one. Jeff hit the matt cold.

RB

Scott Vernon

"Jeff Morris" jeffmo@NoSpam-sv-lokiDOTcom wrote ...
I think you should take lessons from him!

sailing lessons?

Scott Vernon

ha ha ha.. is that what that monstrosity is for?

"SAIL LOCO" wrote in message
You never know when some klutz
,carrying a sledge hammer, might fall off the dock into my boat and bend

my
wheel.

Why don't you get one of those big ass extra long boarding ladders. I

heard
they prevent that kind of thing from happening.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport

Scott Vernon

my boat has air brakes.

"How do you expect
a sailboat to stop her foward progress? Does your
sailboat have brakes or something? "

SAIL LOCO

ha ha ha.. is that what that monstrosity is for?

Can also be used for tying up in Europe.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport

Jeff Morris

They were prepared for an afternoon sail. These boats are used for racing & instruction
only. I forget why they were let out and then forgotten about. Of course, in my youth,
I recall going out "after hours" a few times. In fact, I camped club boats (different
club) on that island a number of times, but only in the Summer.

I'll try to track down a record of it, but it was pre-web and not something that gets
advertised.

"The Cappys Master" Cappy kneels wrote in message
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 09:51:11 -0400, "Jeff Morris"
jeffmo@NoSpam-sv-lokiDOTcom wrote:

The boat was a Soling. The spot was Brewster Spit, though I'm not sure how close to

the
island it was. Somewhere north of "kelp ledges" on the chart. IIRC it was October,
maybe 91 or 92. I believe they stayed with the boat and it was an unseasonably cold,
nasty night.

http://www.sv-loki.com/brewster.jpg

They must have been incredibly badly prepared and stupid to boot!

There is plenty of room under the deck of a Soling.
If it was cold they would or should have been dressed warmly.
Drop the sails, use them to cover the front of the cockpit after
lining it with spinnakers and jib and snuggle down for the night.

Oh and always carry flares!

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

Donal

"The Cappys Master" Cappy kneels wrote in message
You have a compass mounted 7 feet away from your helming position?

Yep!

Guess you don't worry about confirming shifts eh?

Huh?

Just tack when the bow goes down?

Huh?

Regards

Donal

Jeff Morris

OK Already. I agree. But they didn't. I can't remember why - If they were on the spit
at low tide they could have walked to the island. But if they were on rocks, tried to get
in, but got soaked instead, they'd have a problem. Cemeteries are filled with people
that "should" have survived.

"The Cappys Master" Cappy kneels wrote in message
You didn't read my post!
They should easily have survived one night!

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 18:21:21 -0400, "Jeff Morris"
jeffmo@NoSpam-sv-lokiDOTcom wrote:

They were prepared for an afternoon sail. These boats are used for racing &

instruction
only. I forget why they were let out and then forgotten about. Of course, in my

youth,
I recall going out "after hours" a few times. In fact, I camped club boats (different
club) on that island a number of times, but only in the Summer.

I'll try to track down a record of it, but it was pre-web and not something that gets
advertised.

"The Cappys Master" Cappy kneels wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Flying Tadpole

CANDChelp wrote:

You're right. You, Ganz and Neal may targets of yourselves that even Ozzy

can't
resist poking at you!

You've a new hero, huh?

Yeah...and it's you!
Donal AKA "Target Man"

Bwahahahahahaha!

RB

What will you do if, before you carry out your sentence, he asks
for a last donut from you ?
--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Learn what lies below the waves of cyberspace!
http://www.internetopera.netfirms.com
Vito

CANDChelp wrote:

Hard to imagine that they couldn't stay alive for a single night.

The winter I spent in Minnesota was one of the coldest on record. A
resident hopped out to get his morning paper, got locked out and froze
to death. His tracks showed how he'd walked around his house trying
windows then started for his neighbors house. After some 20 yards he
circled away, apparently loosing it, and fell ... all in minutes. I know
it's never that cold on the water but ...?
Cheers
Howard