CANDChelp

Default Alien Sail

Yes, really.

Okay, Jeff..if you say so!!

BWAHAHAHAHA!

RB
Thom Stewart

That Bridge Jon, is the bridge that put the "Golden Gate" in second
place for the length of a suspension span

OT

Simple Simon

Sometimes I find myself agreeing with you. Practice makes
perfect. Why ignore practice and end up having sloppy
habits? Make all aspects of sailing second nature, do it
right and do it often. There is no better prescription.

I'm surprised poor Ole Thom hasn't learned this golden
rule after all his years of sailing. It just goes to show that
even sloppy sailors can have some success at it.

"Jeff Morris" jeffmo@NoSpam-sv-lokiDOTcom wrote in message news
I'd agree, but its still useful to observe the amount of set on the compass. If you don't
practice in daylight, how do you know how to do it in the haze?

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Oh, come on Neal,

You're pushing it. In clear daylight on similar waters, if you're being
set you tack. The compass doesn't prevent being set. Line of sight is a
better technic than compass offset.

OT

Simple Simon

You are an idiot and a fool. I'm certainly glad you don't
pilot an airplane. I suppose you would keep the compass
covered when flying and rely only on those instrument
you did not want to wear out. That might be fine
until you flew into a fog or a big cloud. Then how
would you know which way to steer when your
trusted landmarks were obsured?

You are dangerous and you will end up getting somebody
killed if you don't get serious about sailing and doing it
right.

"CANDChelp" wrote in message ...
habit? Which habit? It's a tool, which we use when needed. A good habit is to
practicing nav skills. Leaving the cover off the compass 24/7 has nothing to do
with that. I doubt Suzanne will have trouble reading the compass after it's
been covered for the day.
Again: No reason to have instruments exposed when not in use. Sun kills.

RB

Simple Simon

It is clear Bobsprit is a hazard to navigation.

It is inexcusable keeping your VHF turned off when
a busy harbor. It shows how ignorant you really are.

"Jeff Morris" jeffmo@NoSpam-sv-lokiDOTcom wrote in message ...
I can see not having a radio on while "away from the action," though I think mine has
been on whenever I've been underway. But in a very busy harbor, crossing security zones
and shipping lanes, not monitoring the radio, at least 16 (and 13 for NYC), is pretty
stupid.

It clear there are serious gaps in your education, booby. You should check out one of
these fine organizations. Perhaps they can help:
http://www.cgaux.org/
http://www.usps.org/

"CANDChelp" wrote in message
And the radio! Did you really mean to say that went through the busiest harbor
in the
country without turning on the radio? Not too swift there, booby.

Yup!!! No need to monitor the radio 24/7 either. Few boats do.

RB

Jonathan Ganz

Yup. Don't do it!

"CANDChelp" wrote in message
It's a matter of getting into the habit of having the equipment
ready to use.

It's a time consuming process to remove the compass cover, I guess.

RB

CANDChelp

Sometimes I find myself agreeing with you. Practice makes
perfect. Why ignore practice and end up having sloppy
habits

There's a difference between practice and abuse. You should learn the
difference. When out for a pleasure sail, in well known waters, protect your
gear. If covering it means you'll forget how to use it, then you need help that
removing the cover will never give!

Bwahahaahaha!

RB
CANDChelp

That might be fine
until you flew into a fog or a big cloud.

Gosh!!! By the time I remove the complex cover from Alien's binnacle compass
it'll be too late!!!

Be a man, you old fool!

RB
CANDChelp

You are dangerous and you will end up getting somebody
killed if you don't get serious about sailing and doing it
right.

Real men and sailors don't worry about getting some poor dope killed.

Be a man, you simple fag!! Bwahahahaha!

RB