Doug Kanter

Default Michigan Muslims Want to Use Loudspeakers for Call to Prayer

"Phaedrine" wrote in message
In article ,
"John Gaquin" wrote:

"plantsman" wrote in message

..... I'm sure it will
be a "low-pitched voice" g. Have you ever heard how they sound in

other
countries?

I've spent a considerable time over the last thirty-five years living

and
working in various mid-east countries. There is absolutely nothing
unobtrusive about the prayer calls. And it isn't just 6AM. When I

lived in
Turkey, the morning call in summer came as early as 3:30AM.

I suspect there are a few citizens of Hamtramck who will take care of

the
loudspeakers.

Their city council (if they pass this) might as well start packing now.

If the town's anything like here, you need a permit to use sound
reinforcement equipment of a certain size, outdoors at ANY time of day,
unless it involves the sirens/horns on an emergency vehicle. The council
needs to either look further into existing laws, or move real quick and
change the ones they have so "no permit, no loudspeakers".

Doug Kanter

"Phaedrine" wrote in message
In article ,
Abdelkarim Benoit Evans wrote:

In article ,
"plantsman" wrote:

What kind of religion forces people to worship at a prescribed time
multiple times of the day? A deadly one!

prime, lauds, matins, tierce, sext, none, vespers, compline... [...]
they are the names of the daily prayer times in the Christian Chruch
and are still observed in convents and monasteries.

[...]
It looks like pious Christians and pious Jews are praying even more
often than pious Muslims.

Argumentum ineptia.

You have reached back into the middle ages (how very "muslim") to the
Order of the Divine Offices in a pathetic attempt to piece together
another of your half-witted theories to justify muslim absurdities and
stupidities. Generally only monastics (and there are very few) who
cloister themselves from society observe all the Daily Offices.
Moreover, this has NOTHING to do with muslims trying to force their
obnoxious, disturbing and wholly unnecessary loudspeakers on everyone
else.

But I thank you for epitomizing, once again, the absurdity and
deceitfulness of islam and its cult members like you. You provide a
valuable service to all non-muslim (civilized) society in acquainting us
all with every possible asinine or reprehensible aspect of your
dangerous ideology.

.

Have you ever lived a block away from "pretty" church bells? Hmmm???

Doug Kanter

"Don White" wrote in message

Christopher Robin wrote in message

Why don't they use beepers or some other electronic device?

Don....Don...Don....when will you learn? Like most other newcomers, these
Islamic people wanna be real Americans. That means you get to make as much
noise as your want (because it's "freedom of expression"), as much garbage
as you want, matter of fact, as much of ANYTHING as you want, regardless of
how it affects your neighbors. It's our god-given right to start our
lawnmowers at 7:00 AM, or warm the car up for an hour. In May.

John Gaquin

"Curtis CCR" wrote in message

Just like they would "take care of" of catholic church bells in Saudi?

Catholic church bells in Saudi Arabia?

John Gaquin

"plantsman" wrote in message

Church bells generally sound pleasant to most people. What kind of

religion
forces people to worship at a prescribed time multiple times of the day?

It's not just that they sound pleasant to the western ear. Big bells can be
painful when close by. The main point is that as a general rule, church
bells in the US rarely ring more than once a day, and in many locales, only
on Sunday. In small towns there may be daily ringings, but it is usually
with the tacit consent of the general population, just as every little
village and hamlet in the mid-east will have their broadcast calls five x
per day, and the local populace considers it soothing.

But you can bet your ass not one soul in SA or Iran or any of a host of
other countries would tolerate Christian church bells ringing multiple times
per day. They would find it offensive, and ban it outright, as is their
right. And we should not hesitate to do the same. God (or Allah) knows
they don't need a 120db speaker to remind them it is prayer time. Our
system and our laws ensure that practitioners of minority religions are not
persecuted, but we are not at all bound to allow that small minority
activity to intrude on, or inconvenience, or aggravate the majority of the
population. We are, in fact, a judeo-christian based society, and anyone
not of that cultural strain who chooses to live here should deal with that
on their own, just as any of us who have lived in SA or elsewhere have had
to adjust to their customs and society.

Henry Blackmoore

In article , (Christopher Robin) wrote:

ArKLyte_ wrote in message
. ..

http://www.nynewsday.com/news/nation...lim-loudspeake
rs,0,2042495.story?coll=sns-ap-nation-headlines

Mich. Town Split Over Muslim Loudspeakers

By Associated Press

April 14, 2004, 3:17 PM EDT

HAMTRAMCK, Mich. -- A request by Muslims to allow mosques to use
loudspeakers for the call to prayer has prompted a backlash among some
of their mostly white, Christian neighbors.

They are circulating a petition opposing the request by the Al-Islah
Islamic Center for a change in the city noise ordinance. The Muslim
call to prayer occurs five times a day between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m.

"When you call to prayer, you are proselytizing, and as a citizen of
the United States, I don't want to hear it," Bob Golen, 68, said at a
City Council hearing Tuesday.

Caroline Zarski, 81, agreed. "It is not my God. My God is Jesus
Christ. I don't want this noise invading my home at 10 p.m.," she
said.

Still, Council President Karen Majewski said the proposed amendment is
likely to pass next week in this separate municipality inside Detroit.

Muslim speakers said they often hear church bells as early as 6 a.m.
They said the call to prayer would be less noisy.

"It's a low-pitched voice. It's not going to wake up anybody," said
Abdul Algazali, a Hamtramck businessman.
Copyright © 2004, The Associated Press

Islam wants to take over America. Support the Second Amendment and
protect yourself.

I remember awhile back a lot of Detroit Muslims actually stopped their
cars on a freeway (John Lodge Fwy?) and got out and started praying
right in the middle of the road. I think that it was a holy day or something
and they were caught in traffic.

Hey! It makes life interesting at the very least!

LOL