John H

Default Michigan Muslims Want to Use Loudspeakers for Call to Prayer

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 14:13:31 -0500, Phaedrine
wrote:

In article ,
(Curtis CCR) wrote:

I agree that if other Churches are allowed to ring bells for religious
reasons (as opposed to just announcing that it's noon) then mosques
should be allowed to have prayer calls.

I guess I do not understand how you equate the two. If mosques are
allowed loudspeakers, for instance, then perhaps churches should be
allowed to use electronic augmentation for their bells as well? Is that
what you are saying? (I don't understand why rec.boats got on this
list!)

Because someone where ever you are cross posted to this group. You don't have
something against boats, do you?

We have a hard enough time sticking to the topic, without mosques and minarets
and stereo praying systems getting us confused. Trust me, putting up with
b'asskisser is hard enough.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!