John Wentworth

This quote best decribes this thread: "I think that this situation
absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on
somebody's part."
Otter in Animal House

"We're just the guys to do it."
Bluto in Animal House

Harry Krause

Gene Kearns wrote:
On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 08:45:42 -0400, "JimH" wrote:

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 18:17:35 -0400, "JimH" wrote:

How is this crap in any way better than the OT political crap you complain
about Kearns?

Oh, how sweet. Jax has a champion. Did he give you his lace hankie?
--

I am not a fan of Jax nor believe most of what he posts.

I offered a simple question to you because you complain about OT posts. You
could not offer a reasonable reply so you insult me. As expected.

Last I checked, this thread was about anchors, catenaries, chain....
that sort of thing.....

... at least until Jax got insulting and demeaning.

Why did you single me out for correction and ignore his posts?

Because since he started residing in my bozo bin, he doesn't have anyone
to play with, and he's hoping you'll engage him. I kid you not.

--
We today have a president of the United States who looks like he is the
son of Howdy Doody or Alfred E. Newman, who isn't smarter than either of

What, me worry?
Garth Almgren

Around 10/4/2004 11:14 AM, Gene Kearns wrote:

Throw in the concept of "reasonable and prudent," a smidgen of some
partially digested high school physics, and Jax's ability to
infallibly predict the future and the result is some really strange
science.

It is a catenary, but doesn't *act* like a catenary when it doesn't
prove "the point."

It is an anchor (by definition) and is an infinitely immovable point.
(One can, with a 20,000# boat strain the rode with 40,000# of pull and
not dislodge this "anchor".)

A rode can withstand a 40,000# pull (your choice, rope or chain).

An anchor's holding capacity has nothing to do with the angle of pull
from horizontal.

A boat doesn't yaw at anchor and when it does it has nothing to do
with the ability of an anchor to hold.

Chain rode must use greater score than rope (note the catenary problem
re-emerges.. in spite of anchor manufacturer's recommendations).

....Just to name a few....

Yikes. So, reality has no effect on him?

--
~/Garth - 1966 Glastron V-142 Skiflite: "Blue-Boat"
"There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing

JAXAshby

junnie -- giggling as a beer-besotted village idiot -- hacked out that
following after 44 tries:

Oh, how sweet. Jax has a champion. Did he give you his lace hankie?

what a sorry piece of dog sung you are junnie.
JAXAshby

jim, junnie's posts have no value. as expected.