Default Now I am ****ed ...

On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 12:43:54 -0500, John H
wrote:

On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 12:31:17 -0500, wrote:

On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 08:30:29 -0500, John H
wrote:

On Sun, 21 Jan 2018 22:44:03 -0500,
wrote:

We watched some rugby in New Zealand "Go All Blacks" and I agree it is
not exactly like soccer but more like it than NFL football. The
biggest single difference is no line of scrimmage.

We must be talking different sports. If soccer players hit like rugby players, they'd all be 'red
carded' off the field. Other than the requirement to move the ball downfield, I can't see many
similarities between soccer and rugby. Between rugby and football, yeah. You said it in your last
sentence.

Most of the violence in football is within a few yards of the line of
scrimmage. That is why they have different rules there. You have a
half dozen 300 pound guys on each side, lined up face to face snarling
at each other and on the snap they crash into each other as hard as
they can, on every play. They are not even allowed to grab each other,
they have to just knock the other guy out of the way. What could
possibly go wrong? Compared to that a scrum is just a big group hug.

Might be a group hug, but that's only to folks looking in from the outside:

https://www.kingsleynapley.co.uk/ins...s-of-the-scrum

"A scrum (short for scrummage) is a way of restarting play in rugby, where there has been a minor
infringement. In rugby union the scrum is made up of eight players from each team binding together
in 3 rows. The heads of the front row of the scrum will interlock their heads with the opposing
team’s front row. The ball is then thrown into the space between the two teams and the front rows of
both teams will compete for the ball by hooking the ball and sending it backwards with their feet,
whilst pushing the opposing team backwards.

When one considers the size and strength of the modern professional rugby player, it is no wonder
that so many players sustain spinal injuries whilst in the scrum, whether as a result of continuous
trauma over an extended period of time, or one high impact. This can be particularly dangerous where
the scrum collapses, due to the sheer force applied by each side."

Different sport, different type of injury. Tennis players get lateral
epicondylitis and ice skaters get their knee broken with a bat.
Life is tough, wear a cup ;-)

On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 12:52:24 -0500, wrote:

On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 12:34:09 -0500, John H
wrote:

On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 09:50:35 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 1/22/18 9:45 AM, Tim wrote:

On Sun, 21 Jan 2018 17:18:39 -0500, Keyser Sze
wrote:

Some of us didnt have to grow up on a dirt farm in Missouri and have to
shoot squirrels for dinner.

===

Too bad for you - might have been better for it.

---
http://www.avg.com

Thats kinda how I look at it...

Growing up on a dirt farm in Missouri and shooting squirrels for dinner
seems to make one a racist.

Minnesota, Harry. And mostly rabbits. Squirrels are harder'n hell to clean.

Just unrewarding for the amount of meat you get.

And it's usually tougher'n hell.
Tim Tim is offline

On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 06:59:06 -0800 (PST), Tim

Only the furry animals with the black eye shadow and a ringed tail.

Those are good bbq’d

On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 13:09:30 -0500, John H
wrote:

wrote:

Growing up on a dirt farm in Missouri and shooting squirrels for dinner
seems to make one a racist.

===

Tell us again about all of the volunteer work you do for
underprivileged minorities in DC and inner city Baltimore.
If nothing else you could teach classes on gun safety since they seem
to have so many accidental shootings. Actions speak much louder than
words.

Sure, asshole.

I volunteer two mornings or two afternoons a week at a food bank. In
addition to writing and planning for pay for two of my clients who
finance the construction and rehabbing of low-cost housing, I show up as
a volunteer for them at neighborhood meetings in DC, Baltimore and PG
County a couple of times a month to assist community facilitators with
paperwork and other administrative duties in connection with low-cost
housing applications. Oh, and I have a physical therapist friend who
volunteers at a clinic for stroke and heart attack recovery folks, and
if she needs sometime to pick up and take home a client who is
physically mobile but needs transportation, I'm on the "call" list.

I wouldn't presume to teach gun safety classes.

All I can say is, "Wow!"

===

Exactly. He must do a lot of his snarky, self congratulatory internet
posting while he's on the job. Excellent multitasking ability.

---
http://www.avg.com

On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 10:17:03 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 06:59:06 -0800 (PST), Tim

Only the furry animals with the black eye shadow and a ringed tail.

Those are good bbqd

Never tried a 'coon. Tried groundhog. Roasted in oven. Too damn tough to chew. Spit out first bite
along with rest of the family. Lucky we had some hamburger in the fridge.

On 1/22/18 4:15 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 12:50:41 -0500, John H
wrote:

On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 12:42:24 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 1/22/18 12:35 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 06:59:06 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

8:50 AMKeyser Soze
Growing up on a dirt farm in Missouri and shooting squirrels for dinner
seems to make one a racist.

I guess so that is if squirrel is classsd as a “race”

Only the furry animals with the black eye shadow and a ringed tail.

I have an ex-friend who told me he goes out to a field in southern
Maryland to shoot groundhogs and other small critters. Not critters
that are pestering any not really on a higher evolutionary scale than
"hooomans," but just living their little animal lives. Disgusting.

He was *your* friend. He was 'disgusting' only after he told you he went varmint hunting?

I am not sure I understand all varmint hunting but if they are really
there to limit the population of rodents because they have killed all
of the natural predators, it makes some sense.
Arizona's Senoran desert is an excellent example. They were diligent
in killing all of the rattlesnakes and now the rodents are destroying
the iconic century old Saguaro cactus. If guys want to sit in the
desert with their 5.5 Creedmores and pick off rats, good on them.

I doubt my ex-friend was trying to re-establish the balance of nature.
He and his buddies went to a large field to shoot any small critters
they saw. I suppose he saw it as some sort of sport.

Nancy is pissed ... [email protected] General 8 October 17th 17 05:55 PM
Nancy is pissed ... [email protected] General 3 October 16th 17 12:19 PM
Nancy is pissed ... Bill[_12_] General 0 October 16th 17 12:57 AM
How my local Sea Ray dealer pissed me off: Marty General 14 June 26th 05 12:17 AM
Boy, I'm I pissed today!!! Thom Stewart ASA 4 February 10th 04 06:19 PM