Default Now I am ****ed ...

On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 19:19:55 -0500, John H
wrote:

Given the existing law, Maryland appears to be one of those places.

Speaking of deer. While golfing last Thursday we noticed two new additions to a couple holes. In the
trees next to the fairways were hunters' deer stands. The deer population on the course was getting
quite large.

I see deer just about every time I play in Tampa.
They are not really afraid of much
http://gfretwell.com/wildlife/Deer%20Family.jpg
At my wife's place they had these guys.
http://gfretwell.com/wildlife/Bobcat...%20through.jpg

On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 20:01:26 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 1/22/18 7:42 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 17:00:30 -0500, John H
wrote:

On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 16:15:48 -0500,
wrote:

On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 12:50:41 -0500, John H
wrote:

On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 12:42:24 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 1/22/18 12:35 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 06:59:06 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

8:50 AMKeyser Soze
Growing up on a dirt farm in Missouri and shooting squirrels for dinner
seems to make one a racist.

I guess so that is if squirrel is classsd as a “race”

Only the furry animals with the black eye shadow and a ringed tail.

I have an ex-friend who told me he goes out to a field in southern
Maryland to shoot groundhogs and other small critters. Not critters
that are pestering any not really on a higher evolutionary scale than
"hooomans," but just living their little animal lives. Disgusting.

He was *your* friend. He was 'disgusting' only after he told you he went varmint hunting?

I am not sure I understand all varmint hunting but if they are really
there to limit the population of rodents because they have killed all
of the natural predators, it makes some sense.
Arizona's Senoran desert is an excellent example. They were diligent
in killing all of the rattlesnakes and now the rodents are destroying
the iconic century old Saguaro cactus. If guys want to sit in the
desert with their 5.5 Creedmores and pick off rats, good on them.

Groundhogs and nutria have become a nuisance ever since we did in the predators. Hunting them is
quite legal:

http://www.eregulations.com/maryland...ng/furbearers/

Nutria And Woodchuck
The nutria and woodchuck (groundhog) are classified as “unprotected mammals.” As such:

A hunting license is not required to hunt woodchucks and nutria except in Baltimore County.
Woodchucks and nutria may be hunted throughout the year, including Sundays.
Hunters must wear fluorescent orange while hunting woodchucks.
All hunting devices legal for other game animals may be used to hunt woodchucks and nutria.

If that is actually what they are shooting, I agree it is helpful.
Harry is assuming they shoot everything that moves.
To be honest I never saw a wood chuck in Maryland and I didn't even
know you had nutria up there.
Of course deer were few and far between there over 40 years ago too.
(the last time I hunted)
Five years later I saw 2 on the Whitehurst freeway and 20 years later
they were thick at my ex wife's house in Clinton so it is clear things
are changing.

We have plenty of woodchucks, raccoons, foxes, squirrels, chipmunks,
opossums, deer, et cetera. I'm not sure about nutria.

The woodchucks are the ones I didn't see and deer used to be scarce 40
years ago. I did have the other ones you mention behind my house in
Clinton. I finally just gave up on the raccoons. I caught them and
drove them miles away but I think they beat me home. I suppose the
reality was, through the woods I was not really going that far away.
I just made a container for the trash cans. I have one here too. If
they can't knock the can over, they don't seem to be able to get in a
Brute can if the top is on tight but the trash men have trouble too.
The only thing I have killed here are rats, bugs and a water moccasin
that was going after my dog.

wrote:

[...]

We camp down at Solomon's Island frequently, and the hogs have overrun the place. If I go for a walk
around the whole campground, I'll surely see three or four every time. This doesn't count all the
ones I don't see!

wrote:

[...]

Wild ones with tusks? They can be mean... last time I was in Tuscon, the locals warned me about the ones down there. They said to watch out, especially at night. You didn't want to surprise or corner them.

wrote:

[...]

Wait that can't be true. Harry told me there are no hogs down there.

wrote:

[...]

No, I got lazy. *Ground*hogs!

wrote:

[...]

Well, Harry is known for his gleaming integrity, so I must be seeing critters that just look like
groundhogs. Maybe Harry calls 'em woodchucks, which would explain his statement.

wrote:

[...]

LOL! Yeah, I guess if they got crazy they might gnaw on your shoelaces.

wrote:

[...]

How much wood can those groundhogs chuck?

wrote:

[...]

Mr Ed tried to **** one in the scrub. It was funny to watch and the
hog wasn't sure how to deal with it. In the end they ran away.

Nancy is pissed ... [email protected] General 8 October 17th 17 05:55 PM
Nancy is pissed ... [email protected] General 3 October 16th 17 12:19 PM
Nancy is pissed ... Bill[_12_] General 0 October 16th 17 12:57 AM
How my local Sea Ray dealer pissed me off: Marty General 14 June 26th 05 12:17 AM
Boy, I'm I pissed today!!! Thom Stewart ASA 4 February 10th 04 06:19 PM