Default Nancy is ****ed ...

Keyser Soze wrote:
On 10/15/17 1:19 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 15 Oct 2017 11:26:35 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 10/15/17 11:21 AM,
wrote:
On 15 Oct 2017 13:29:08 GMT, Keyser Soze wrote:

Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 10/14/2017 9:21 PM,
wrote:

On 14 Oct 2017 23:30:24 GMT, Keyser Soze wrote:

Drop them off at Home Depot with the illegals and let them learn
something about working for a living.

Well, there's always those military careers...

Such a good idea you had to say it twice ... OK

Ever get the feeling that Harry sometimes thinks he missed out on something?

Right, because I wanted to waste a few years in a military sinecure...

It is clear that you ignored JFK and went through your life exploiting
what your country could do for you. You thought that the idea of doing
something for your country was for suckers.

Well, I did teach for a while while getting an M.A. Teaching, nursing,
social work, fireman, policeman...are all jobs that do something for the
country. Shooting up SE Asia for no good reason did nothing for this
country.

I agree Vietnam was a huge **** up but the reality is the percentage
of people in the military who were actually "shooting up SE Asia" was
pretty small even when LBJ was doing it (the peak of our involvement).
With your skin tone and your credentials, you had a very good chance
of spending your whole tour in Europe or right here in the good old
USA. The two Army guys I know who are my age ended up in data
processing units (one in Germany, one in Texas) and both retired as
civilians in that same field. The Army guy I knew who was a little
older did go to Vietnam but during the JFK administration, wearing a
green hat.
All of the marines I knew were in country (ass in the grass) tho but I
doubt you would make it in the marines or would even try.
The Air Force guys were usually either in Thailand, Japan or freezing
their ass off at a SAC base somewhere up north. None of them were shot
at or fired a shot themselves. Of course living in SE DC and PG, I
knew lots of guys who worked at Andrews. The apartments I lived in
when I was in Oxon Hill were very popular as "off base housing"
because it was 10 minutes from the gate and cheap.

The fact remains that our involvement in that stupidity cost at least
55,000 American lives and I've seen estimates that state it cost a
million SE Asian lives. I don't know whether I would have made it in the
marines or not, and I don't care and never did care one way or the
other. You fellas act as if there was something special about military
service. One of my oldest friends is a pediatric oncology nurse. I doubt
any of your ex-military buddies here has seen the horrors she has seen
or done more in the way of national service. That most of them voted for
and support Trump doesn't speak well for their worth to this country.

And who directed and got us in to that war? Was not the military!!