Default Now I am ****ed ...

On 1/21/2018 11:57 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 1/21/18 11:35 AM, wrote:
On 21 Jan 2018 14:45:06 GMT, Keyser Soze wrote:

Why didn’t President ******** simply sign an Exec Order mandating
broadcast
of the game?Â*

He could have just stroked a check to pay those AFN people necessary
to get that out on the air. I doubt it would take more than a few
dozen people for a day or two (who are not already called essential
and working anyway). He paid more than that to cut the grass at Mar a
Lago this week

I knew two pro football players pretty well. One was a year ahead of me
at my high school and the other I met as an adult. The latter was a
neighbor of a close friend. One was a halfback and the other was a
linebacker, and both were stars. In any case, both were glad to get out
of the game with their brains intact and their bodies in reasonably
decent shape. The funny thing is the high school fella was a terrific
basketball player, too, and he might have had a longer and safer career
in the NBA.

Another great player I did get to see play in college was Gale Sayers.
He had a great but short career in the NFL, got out, had several
successful careers in sports and business but I read recently he is
suffering from dementia, probably as a result of the head injuries he
suffered playing pro football.

I wonder how much longer the NFL will be allowed, what with the
seriousness and extent of the brain injuries.

The NFL has come a long way with both protective gear, severe penalties
for unnecessary hits or roughness and mandatory concussion protocols.

The days of "Mean Joe Greene" and players like him are over.

On 1/21/2018 1:11 PM, wrote:
On 21 Jan 2018 16:32:18 GMT, Keyser Soze wrote:

wrote:
On Sun, 21 Jan 2018 09:39:30 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

And what could be more important than football? ?

It's ok if you'd rather read Moby Dick for the 18th time instead. Most
of us got it the first time around.

Another of your weird personality quirks. If you don't like something,
nobody should, huh?

Moby Dick? Jesus what a boring ****ing book. Melville could have
trimmed off about 400 pages and had a gripping novel.
I got it right away. Life on a whaling ship was miserable. We didn't
need to share that misery for almost 800 pages to read the story.
Beside that, if you are already bored at sea, the last thing I want to
read is a book about being bored at sea. I thought the GM 3&2 book was
more interesting. ;-)

Ahhh...you thought the book was about life aboard a whaling ship, but that
is only the back page story, as it were. I’m not surprised you actually
didn’t get it.

No it was the "back 400 pages", unless you were just speed reading
over that like you skim the notes you respond to here.
Like I said at 250-300 pages it would have been a gripping story. The
man needed an editor.

But, but Greg ... you are supposed to savor the prose and style heavily
influenced by Shakespeare and enjoy reciting the goofy poems out loud,
preferably in front of a mirror.

Other than that, it's just a weird, sorta religious story.

On 1/21/18 11:35 AM, wrote:
[...]

I think they should remove all the protective gear - rugby style. You don't hear much about
concussion problems with rugby players.

wrote:

[...]

My copy of Anna Karenina runs about 700 pages. You probably shouldn't
read Tolstoy.

I wasn't that impressed my Michner either. Wouk could write a 400 page
book and keep it interesting but I really need to be bored to spend
that kind of time on a novel.
I still prefer non-fiction. I like the real world over fantasy. Maybe
that is because I like learning things as opposed to mental chewing
gum, no matter how "arty" it is.

wrote:

[...]

Might have been paid by the word. A friend of my parents wrote western
paperback novels during WW2. He was a navy hardhat diver. He said the
reason for all the land and environment descriptions was he had to fill 128
pages and got paid by the word.

wrote:

[...]

As a statement I read onetime about Russian y would never read another one.
What is it about Russian novels that when you get to liking a character
they kill them off. Okay to kill a few but all of them? To depressing.

On 1/21/18 11:35 AM, wrote:
[...]

Then it would be soccer and nobody would watch. They used to admit the
NFL was all about the "big hits".

On Sun, 21 Jan 2018 18:49:46 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

It is just that those guys didn't have editors. A writer thinks every
word they write is manna from heaven.

wrote:
On Sun, 21 Jan 2018 09:39:30 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

And what could be more important than football?Â* ?

It's ok if you'd rather read Moby Dick for the 18th time instead. Most
of us got it the first time around.

Another of your weird personality quirks.Â* If you don't like
something,
nobody should, huh?

Moby Dick? Jesus what a boring ****ing book. Melville could have
trimmed off about 400 pages and had a gripping novel.
I got it right away. Life on a whaling ship was miserable. We didn't
need to share that misery for almost 800 pages to read the story.
Beside that, if you are already bored at sea, the last thing I want to
read is a book about being bored at sea. I thought the GM 3&2 book was
more interesting.Â* ;-)

Ahhh...you thought the book was about life aboard a whaling ship, but
that
is only the back page story, as it were. I’m not surprised you actually
didn’t get it.

No it was the "back 400 pages", unless you were just speed reading
over that like you skim the notes you respond to here.
Like I said at 250-300 pages it would have been a gripping story. The
man needed an editor.

My copy of Anna Karenina runs about 700 pages. You probably shouldn't
read Tolstoy.

I tried reading "War and Peace" as a young teenager under the strong
"recommendation" of my mother who encouraged reading. She didn't care
what I read over the summer school vacations ... as long as I read. I
gave up on finishing "War and Peace". Too high brow and philosophical
for a 14 year old.

Nancy is pissed ... [email protected] General 8 October 17th 17 05:55 PM
Nancy is pissed ... [email protected] General 3 October 16th 17 12:19 PM
Nancy is pissed ... Bill[_12_] General 0 October 16th 17 12:57 AM
How my local Sea Ray dealer pissed me off: Marty General 14 June 26th 05 12:17 AM
Boy, I'm I pissed today!!! Thom Stewart ASA 4 February 10th 04 06:19 PM