Default Now I am ****ed ...

On Sun, 21 Jan 2018 13:36:34 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 1/21/18 1:11 PM, wrote:
On 21 Jan 2018 16:32:18 GMT, Keyser Soze wrote:

wrote:
On Sun, 21 Jan 2018 09:39:30 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

And what could be more important than football? ?

It's ok if you'd rather read Moby Dick for the 18th time instead. Most
of us got it the first time around.

Another of your weird personality quirks. If you don't like something,
nobody should, huh?

Moby Dick? Jesus what a boring ****ing book. Melville could have
trimmed off about 400 pages and had a gripping novel.
I got it right away. Life on a whaling ship was miserable. We didn't
need to share that misery for almost 800 pages to read the story.
Beside that, if you are already bored at sea, the last thing I want to
read is a book about being bored at sea. I thought the GM 3&2 book was
more interesting. ;-)

Ahhh...you thought the book was about life aboard a whaling ship, but that
is only the back page story, as it were. I’m not surprised you actually
didn’t get it.

No it was the "back 400 pages", unless you were just speed reading
over that like you skim the notes you respond to here.
Like I said at 250-300 pages it would have been a gripping story. The
man needed an editor.

My copy of Anna Karenina runs about 700 pages. You probably shouldn't
read Tolstoy.

I wasn't that impressed my Michner either. Wouk could write a 400 page
book and keep it interesting but I really need to be bored to spend
that kind of time on a novel.
I still prefer non-fiction. I like the real world over fantasy. Maybe
that is because I like learning things as opposed to mental chewing
gum, no matter how "arty" it is.