Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Don W

Default Coast Guard Inspections

My wife has had her luggage searched nearly every time she travels on
business. A TSA employee told her that it is probably because someone
else purchased her ticket for her (her employer!).

Having traveled a lot on business in the past, I'm scratching my head
over this one, because every company I've worked for has purchased the
airline tickets for business travel. Are they _really_ searching most
business travelers luggage?

Don W.

Glenn Ashmore wrote:

I do not believe I am a criminal either but apparently Mr. Ashcroft
feels that someone with my name may be. Even though I am a Delta
Medalion flyer, over the past 6 months I have been pulled out of line by
airport security for "special" search four times. Once accompanied by
two policemen. A ticket agent finally told me that my name is on the
National "No-Fly" list and that I should expect to be watched and
subjected to additional searches any time I fly.

As I understand it, there is no way to find out why I am on the list and
there is no way to get off it.

OTOH, it can have an advantage. In Seattle, because the ticket agent
called the cops before I entered the line for normal security, I
actually made it to the airplane before the other people in my group.

where to buy ex coast guard or river police Rigid inflatable boats harry palmer General 2 June 5th 04 04:21 AM
Just a few names... John Smith General 0 May 2nd 04 11:32 PM
Coast Guard Auxiliary sold Safety Decal? Capt Lou General 8 April 9th 04 05:03 PM
Coast Guard Auxiliary and Homeland Security Capt Lou General 88 January 18th 04 10:31 PM