Default hunter 34

what year hunter was this? I just redid my holding tank and installed all
new plumbing to included a new thru hull and on my 1981 hunter 37 cutter the
hull for the holding tank pump out was at least 3/4 of an inch thick if not
more. Previous owners have cruised with this boat all over to include the
carribean, mexico, hawaii.
Now I admit I know nothing about nothing when it comes to boats but to my
uneducated eye it looked pretty solid and thick enough for my comfort.
"Larry" wrote in message
shaun wrote in news:4550b349$0$3042$5a62ac22@per-
qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au:

What i am looking for is REAL not percieved or imagined faults with the
hunter 34 1980 to 1987 type, deep keel tall rig. 80% of my sailing will
be offshore coastal along the Western Australian coast.

Nice boat if you never leave the harbor. To realize what I'm saying, take
a battery-powered portable drill with a hole saw attachment on it and make
a hole about 30cm below the toerail for a new bilge pump fitting to go in.

Take the plastic plug out of the hole saw and look at the edge of it and
notice its thickness...number of layers of fiberglass...guess its
strength.

You're going offshore in the big waves in this thin a hull?!

Look under the cockpit seats at the hull. See all those supports making
this really thin hull so stiff it can't possibly flex or crack when that
big 18' monster crashes into it 50 km off Melbourne? I didn't.

Like I say....Nice boat if you're never going to leave the harbor. I put
an installed Whale hand pump in a friends Hunter 34. When I showed up
with
a hole saw in a little portable drill, he thought it was funny and I'd
never drill through the hull for the outlet fitting. Boy, was he
shocked...(c;

Larry
--
Halloween candy left over.....
Is there a downside?

You're going offshore in the big waves in this thin a hull?!

The Hunter 34 can certainly go offshore safely.

Robert
35s5
NY

"Chi Chi" wrote in
:

what year hunter was this? I just redid my holding tank and installed
all new plumbing to included a new thru hull and on my 1981 hunter 37
cutter the hull for the holding tank pump out was at least 3/4 of an
inch thick if not more. Previous owners have cruised with this boat
all over to include the carribean, mexico, hawaii.
Now I admit I know nothing about nothing when it comes to boats but to
my uneducated eye it looked pretty solid and thick enough for my
comfort.

80-something.

You put the pumpout through the hull, not the deck?

Larry
--
Halloween candy left over.....
Is there a downside?

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 15:24:15 -0500, DSK

wrote:

Especially one who calls himself "Captain" when he isn't
one, and who says he does "surveys" that he's not

qualified
to perform.

And allows "free" sea trials.

*AND* a free cup of coffee!

Capt. Rob wrote:
You're going offshore in the big waves in this thin a hull?!

The Hunter 34 can certainly go offshore safely.

I think Shaun might appreciate the opinion of someone who had actually
sailed outside of Long Island Sound.

Seriously, Bob, your experience outside of completely protected waters
can be measured in single digit hours. You've never been on a
"cruise" longer than several days, and you've never been more than an
hour away from SeaTow.

Daysailing from City Island does not make you an expert on offshore
cruising in Western Australia.

Default hunter 34... broker

Each time, before the trial the
broker insisted on having a deposit to show my good intend.
I soon learned that the Sea Trial approach was a broker's tactic to
secure a
deposit.

I have sold quite a few boats and co-brokered some others. This is how
it generally works.

1) Look over the boat and decide if she's for you.
2) Make an offer, which is PENDING SURVEY and SEA TRIAL
3) Give a deposit. It costs money to do a sea trial. Often the boat is
on the hard. They are not going to launch and take you for a sail if
you're not serious about buying; hence the deposit. Either the
yard/service dept. will pay or the owner. Sometimes the expense is
shared. A licensed captain is often used for the sea trial at major
brokers.
4) If problems are found during survey or sea trail you may attempt to
re-negotiate the price or just walk away. I've never seen a broker not
return the deposit promptly. If all is in order you're expected to
follow through, but some folks still walk due to cold feet, another
boat or financial issues.
5) We won't arrange anything on some of our larger boats unless we know
you have the means to buy the boat.

A good broker wants you back when you decide to move up to a larger
yacht.

Robert
35s5
NY

"Broker Bob" wrote in message
ps.com...

1) Look over the boat and decide if she's for you.
2) Make an offer, which is PENDING SURVEY and SEA TRIAL
3) Give a deposit. It costs money to do a sea trial. Often

the boat is
on the hard. They are not going to launch and take you for

a sail if
you're not serious about buying; hence the deposit. Either

the
yard/service dept. will pay or the owner. Sometimes the

expense is
shared. A licensed captain is often used for the sea trial

at major
brokers.

Do you know a licensed captain, Capt. ?

SBV

The Hunter 34 can certainly go offshore safely.

I think Shaun might appreciate the opinion of someone who had actually
sailed outside of Long Island Sound.

So then you don't agree with my statement? BTW, does the Jersey coast
count as outside of the LIS? Do you have any experienced comments to
make for Shaun or are you just trolling?

Robert
35s5
NY

Do you know a licensed captain, Capt. ?

Sure, the yard employs two and it looks like I'll need to get mine
soon.

Robert
35s5
NY