Default hunter 34

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com..
..
sailboat.

Your point being?

The point is that this is not ASA. How about some respect

for the folks
here who actually own and sail their boats?
If you want to chase me around the web and troll, you're

wasting your
time. I'm sure everyone is waiting for your group info on

problems with
Somerset and UK lofts.

And what has this to do with weather DSK owns a sailboat or
not?

Grow up.

You sound like a 4 YO.

SBV

And what has this to do with weather DSK owns a sailboat or
not?

Buh bye, Scotty. Keep on trolling. Maybe someone will care. Probably
DSK will.

Robert
35s5
NY

Others have given you lots to think about. I agree that Hunter is a
"price-point" boat. That's partly why I bought one. Last year, she
survived Katrina and Rita in New Orleans, then Wilma in Key West. In
between, she took us safely across the Gulf of Mexico in some of the
worst weather I've been in, in 40-plus years of sailing.

And as others have said, the interior is very user-friendly. My kids
preferred it to a C&C39 we also looked at, which had been my first
choice for our purchase.

FYI FWIW YMMV,

Frank
S/V Zombie Princess of New Orleans, 1984 Hunter 34

"Capt. Rob" spammed

That would be good advice, as long one avoids pretend
"surveyors" and internet-fantasy boatyards.

Sorry about Doug, folks. He continues to be a troll. BTW,

he has no
sailboat. The yard he insists doesn't exist can be seen

here for
example....on my webpage:

http://hometown.aol.com/boobsprit/paige1.html

I sell sailboats for them

Always trust the word of a used boat salesman.

DSK DSK is offline

"Capt" Rob wrote
Sorry about Doug, folks. He continues to be a troll. BTW,
he has no sailboat. The yard he insists doesn't exist can be seen

here for
example....on my webpage:

http://hometown.aol.com/boobsprit/paige1.html

I sell sailboats for them

Without a broker's license

Scotty wrote:
Always trust the word of a used boat salesman.

Especially one who calls himself "Captain" when he isn't
one, and who says he does "surveys" that he's not qualified
to perform.

DSK

I may sound a little stupid but "what is a broker's licence and what to you
gain by dealing with a broker"
Why are they using this disclaimer"
Disclaimer
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot
guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the
condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his
surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This
vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without
notice.
The broker get approx 10% plus in commission doing what?

"Capt" Rob wrote

Scotty wrote:
Always trust the word of a used boat salesman.

Especially one who calls himself "Captain" when he isn't one, and who says
he does "surveys" that he's not qualified to perform.

DSK

Last year one of my friend purchased a sailboat through a broker.
He was given a list of the equipment included in the purchase price of the
sailboat. A contract was drafted with the equipment list.
When he took possession of the sailboat some equipment was missing.
He went to the broker and informed him of the missing items from the
contractual equipment listing.
At first the broker denied the existence of the list and informed him that
it was the buyer's responsibility to ascertain that all the promised
equipment was delivered with the sailboat.

wrote in message
I may sound a little stupid but "what is a broker's licence and what to you
gain by dealing with a broker"
Why are they using this disclaimer"
Disclaimer
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot
guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the
condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his
surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated.
This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal
without notice.
The broker get approx 10% plus in commission doing what?

"Capt" Rob wrote

Scotty wrote:
Always trust the word of a used boat salesman.

Especially one who calls himself "Captain" when he isn't one, and who
says he does "surveys" that he's not qualified to perform.

DSK

Did he get the missing equipment, or compensation?
At least with a *real* (licensed) broker you have
recourse, as opposed to someone who just decides one day to
call himself a broker.

SBV

wrote in message
I may sound a little stupid but "what is a broker's

licence and what to you
gain by dealing with a broker"
Why are they using this disclaimer"
Disclaimer
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good

faith but cannot
guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information

nor warrant the
condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his

agents, or his
surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer

desires validated.
This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price

change, or withdrawal
without notice.
The broker get approx 10% plus in commission doing what?

"Capt" Rob wrote

Scotty wrote:
Always trust the word of a used boat salesman.

Especially one who calls himself "Captain" when he

isn't one, and who
says he does "surveys" that he's not qualified to

perform.

DSK

Without a broker's license

Once again, DSK allows everyone to see his ignorance and Scotty is
along for the ride. If I show a boat for the brokerage I am covered by
the brokerage license, which is on the wall when you walk in the
office. No one there has their own license. Next try Coney's and see
how many of those salespeople have a license. Coney's has the license
and that's the only one that matters if you have a problem. Every boat
I have listed currently is on yachtworld and is under the brokerage
license.
So DSK gets it wrong for the 234th time. (Don't forget the J29 that you
said can't have a bulb on the keel, Doug. She gets hauled next week.)
Furthermore, after selling a Catalina 36 last week, the contract
clearly lists the gear included and we are OBLIGATED to make good on
that whether the boat is ours or not. Any broker who doesn't obey that
is pretty bad. Mistakes happen and sometimes we have to make good on
missing gear. That recently happened when a handheld VHF vanished from
a Irwin 37 we sold. I ran out and replaced it for the buyer.
Sea trial for the Catalina 36 is next Wednesday. I hope it's nice out!

Robert
35s5
NY