shaun shaun is offline

Default hunter 34

ok folks this is not a troll and i don't want to start a flame war.
I am getting closer to buying the boat that look like it is going to
suit me. About me a little, i am one of those lucky sod's that can fix
almost any thing and often with a pair of pliers and a bit of wire.
After managing a autowrecking yard for over 8 years i have got the gist
of most things mechanical and painting wise...on the other hand my
timber work is a bit shy.
What i am looking for is REAL not percieved or imagined faults with the
hunter 34 1980 to 1987 type, deep keel tall rig. 80% of my sailing will
be offshore coastal along the Western Australian coast.
I started sailing at about 10 on windrush 12's up to 14's
then a 24 ft blue bird sloop "allegedly a early vanderstat design"
then to a RL24 ( http://www.rlyachts.net/index24.asp )
now at 40 + i am moving up a little...now keep in mind i work at fixing
things so my boat WILL have repairs of some sort.
i have been lurking around here for quite some time now and almost think
its not worth the hassle...but sombody throws up a gem of a tit bit and
i think its worth it again.
yes i have been to hunter.com.ect and almost anywhere i can find a
mention of hunters........sheesh theres lots out there.
Thanking you all
Shaun
P.S