Chi Chi Chi Chi is offline

Default hunter 34

Shaun,
I am in the process of buying a 1981 37 foot hunter cutter rigged but it has
a shoal keel, don't know much about sail boats yet have only ever had power
boats before. I was told that the early 80's cherubini design are excellent
quality and design boats, plus the price I'm paying for it at $25,000.00
with all the accessory's the current seller has added to make it a more live
aboard comfortable and blue water friendly i don't think I can wrong with
it. I had the boat surveyed and my surveyor told me the boat and all the
extra's included make a real good deal and I shouldn't have any problems
other then a few minor things but that's to be expected He siad he would
feel comfortable and safe going to the carribean in it as it sits now so I
think I'm gonna be ok with it. I have heard that the later 80's models had
some problems so You might want to consider only looking at the early 80's
models.
"shaun" wrote in message
ok folks this is not a troll and i don't want to start a flame war.
I am getting closer to buying the boat that look like it is going to suit
me. About me a little, i am one of those lucky sod's that can fix almost
any thing and often with a pair of pliers and a bit of wire.
After managing a autowrecking yard for over 8 years i have got the gist of
most things mechanical and painting wise...on the other hand my timber
work is a bit shy.
What i am looking for is REAL not percieved or imagined faults with the
hunter 34 1980 to 1987 type, deep keel tall rig. 80% of my sailing will be
offshore coastal along the Western Australian coast.
I started sailing at about 10 on windrush 12's up to 14's
then a 24 ft blue bird sloop "allegedly a early vanderstat design"
then to a RL24 ( http://www.rlyachts.net/index24.asp )
now at 40 + i am moving up a little...now keep in mind i work at fixing
things so my boat WILL have repairs of some sort.
i have been lurking around here for quite some time now and almost think
its not worth the hassle...but sombody throws up a gem of a tit bit and i
think its worth it again.
yes i have been to hunter.com.ect and almost anywhere i can find a mention
of hunters........sheesh theres lots out there.
Thanking you all
Shaun
P.S