you you is offline

Default PFDs

In article .com,
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:

One can tap in a cam type piton with another
piton, for example, or one can simply slide it in and the cam action
tightens it into the crack and makes it secure. No hammer necessary.

Those are NOT Pitons, they are Cam Jammers... two totally different
things.... that do similar functions... Duh....

"you" wrote in message
In article .com,
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:

One can tap in a cam type piton with another
piton, for example, or one can simply slide it in and the cam action
tightens it into the crack and makes it secure. No hammer necessary.

Those are NOT Pitons, they are Cam Jammers... two totally different
things.... that do similar functions... Duh....

Then why does the website selling them call them pitons?

Wilbur Hubbard

On Sun, 6 Mar 2011 15:49:11 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"you" wrote in message
In article .com,
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:

One can tap in a cam type piton with another
piton, for example, or one can simply slide it in and the cam action
tightens it into the crack and makes it secure. No hammer necessary.

Those are NOT Pitons, they are Cam Jammers... two totally different
things.... that do similar functions... Duh....

Then why does the website selling them call them pitons?

Wilbur Hubbard

But Willie, you are claiming to be a rock climber in your previous
message and now you are falling back on what a salesman says?

An expert who doesn't know any more then the "sales person' in the
store? What to call such a person? A "Mall Expert"; "Saturday
afternoon shopped Expert"; fool?

Cheers,

Bruce

"Bruce" wrote in message
On Sun, 6 Mar 2011 15:49:11 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"you" wrote in message
In article .com,
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:

One can tap in a cam type piton with another
piton, for example, or one can simply slide it in and the cam action
tightens it into the crack and makes it secure. No hammer necessary.

Those are NOT Pitons, they are Cam Jammers... two totally different
things.... that do similar functions... Duh....

Then why does the website selling them call them pitons?

Wilbur Hubbard

But Willie, you are claiming to be a rock climber in your previous
message and now you are falling back on what a salesman says?

An expert who doesn't know any more then the "sales person' in the
store? What to call such a person? A "Mall Expert"; "Saturday
afternoon shopped Expert"; fool?

Duh! If you sell a product and call it a piton and it is not a piton you can
be sued for misrepresenting the product.

Here is an example you might understand. Company X advertises a sextant for
sale. Somebody orders one and when it arrives it turns out to be an antique
astrolabe. Company X can be sued for misrepresenting the product.

Do you understand my point NOW or must I swab the decks with you some more?

Wilbur Hubbard

On Sun, 6 Mar 2011 18:35:43 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 6 Mar 2011 15:49:11 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"you" wrote in message
In article .com,
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:

One can tap in a cam type piton with another
piton, for example, or one can simply slide it in and the cam action
tightens it into the crack and makes it secure. No hammer necessary.

Those are NOT Pitons, they are Cam Jammers... two totally different
things.... that do similar functions... Duh....

Then why does the website selling them call them pitons?

Wilbur Hubbard

But Willie, you are claiming to be a rock climber in your previous
message and now you are falling back on what a salesman says?

An expert who doesn't know any more then the "sales person' in the
store? What to call such a person? A "Mall Expert"; "Saturday
afternoon shopped Expert"; fool?

Duh! If you sell a product and call it a piton and it is not a piton you can
be sued for misrepresenting the product.

Goodness! You call yourself a sailor and probably know about as much
about sailing as that shop assistant knows about climbing a rock.

Here is an example you might understand. Company X advertises a sextant for
sale. Somebody orders one and when it arrives it turns out to be an antique
astrolabe. Company X can be sued for misrepresenting the product.

What about the Expert who's made that epic trip down the bay. To get
away from the big band sound? And anchored out too; all by hisself
too. A rare undertaking.

Do you understand my point NOW or must I swab the decks with you some more?

Wilbur Hubbard

Willie-boy, whatever are you jabbering about. You go on telling them
lies about sailing and I'll just keep telling the truth. Your epic
voyage, perhaps. Way down the bay to the mangrove swamp... and all the
way back... took two days. I reckon you must consider it as a lifetime
achievement since you saw fit to document it, with pictures even.

Cheers,

Bruce

you you is offline

In article s.com,
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:

"you" wrote in message
In article .com,
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:

One can tap in a cam type piton with another
piton, for example, or one can simply slide it in and the cam action
tightens it into the crack and makes it secure. No hammer necessary.

Those are NOT Pitons, they are Cam Jammers... two totally different
things.... that do similar functions... Duh....

Then why does the website selling them call them pitons?

Wilbur Hubbard

Simple... Because the idiots that do website design for them, are NOT
Rock Climbers... AND because Dufuses like YOU, do not know the
difference... so they do not care.... Duh...
you you is offline

In article s.com,
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
On Sun, 6 Mar 2011 15:49:11 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"you" wrote in message
In article .com,
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:

[...]

Now that is about the poorest excuse for a retort as I have ever run
across... Jeeze Louise, Willie.... Have you ever climbed anything higher
than a step ladder....

On Sat, 5 Mar 2011 12:08:26 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
.. .
snip

What's most attractive about men in general is when they don't condemn
a woman because of who she is. I most appreciate it when a man bothers
to answer a question. I most least appreciate it when a man is so
insecure that they make all sorts of vile claims without a shred of
evidence.

Sounds a little like Waldo. . . About the only time I'll condemn a woman is
when she tries hard to act like a man and to usurp the rightful role of a
man. Many liberal woman are like that. They let this equality nonsense go
too far. Look at that harridan Pelosi. I couldn't imagine ANY man putting up
with THAT!

Ugg.. don't mention Pelosi...

A man is a man. A woman is a woman. I have no interest in switching
genders. I just want to do my work, get paid, take nice vacations, and
be with a guy who doesn't treat me like a doormat and respects me
enough to let me go on an on about something I care about like wall
color and duvet lengths. lol

I think if it ever worked out for me to go sailing with you or even
meet somewhere for a drink and we documented with a picture, they
would have a mental breakdown.

They would claim it was a fake. They would yell, "Photoshopped!!" I think
we would need to shot a little video. Videos aren't easy to fake like still
photos. I could record you pulling up the anchor wearing only gloves and a
bikini. LOL! They wouldn't be able to deny it then.

As long as I don't get mud mixed in with the sunscreen!

Wilbur Hubbard

On Sat, 05 Mar 2011 18:57:17 +0700, Bruce
wrote:

On Fri, 04 Mar 2011 15:44:23 -0800, Jessica B
wrote:

On Fri, 04 Mar 2011 19:14:11 +0700, Bruce
wrote:

On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 16:34:04 -0800, Jessica B
wrote:

On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 18:29:52 +0700, Bruce
wrote:

On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 16:36:55 -0800, Jessica B
wrote:

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 13:10:10 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
newssqdm6d7ajlcjtejpj21i0pceqkn6mma23@4ax .com...
On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 15:04:40 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:
snip

I would have told her to fall off on purpose so I could do some
man-overboard rescue practice drills.

An added advantage would be a wet t-shirt. LOL!

Wilbur Hubbard

As long as you didn't push me! FYI, sorry I saw your email today, but
just didn't have the opportunity to give a thoughtful reply. I'll get
to it this evening after I get back from the gym. I hope you had a
nice day!

No rush. I took my time answering yours. . .

Also, Waldo sounds like an ass.

Agreed. He sounds bitter about something. Certainly, he can't still think
Jessica B is just another nym for Wilbur Hubbard. If so, then he sure can't
read with comprehension.

Wilbur Hubbard

I hope you got my email from earlier... so much going on. I really
don't have the time or energy for a bizzaro like Waldo.

Goodness, from the lack of posts recently I had thought that the
Willie and Jessica show (called a farce in earlier times) had moved on
to bigger and better things.

Ah well, hope still springs... etc.
Cheers,

Bruce

I think you're the one who's the farce if that's your attitude.

farce ~ noun rare
1, a comedy characterized by broad satire and improbable situations

or

2.fill with a stuffing

It seems to fit. The poor benighted little girl asking all the silly
questions to the manly expert.... Hopefully to get his attention.

Try
http://secure.theatreroyal.org/peo/s...nimalmagnetism
for an example.

Cheers,

Bruce

Sounds like you're jealous. Aren't you happily married?

Well, I guess I'm happy - been married to the same woman for 40 years.

Cheers,

Bruce

Either she's a saint or you're the luckiest man in the world! Maybe
both. I bet you don't tell her she's "poor benighted little girl".

On Mon, 07 Mar 2011 10:06:57 -0900, you wrote:

In article s.com,
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
On Sun, 6 Mar 2011 15:49:11 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"you" wrote in message
In article .com,
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:

[...]

But I'll bet he soloed it :-)

Cheers,

Bruce

PFDs.....afterthought? Double_J Touring 4 July 23rd 04 01:58 PM
[Q] PFDs Eric General 9 May 31st 04 01:11 PM
Harmony PFDs? Scott Schneider General 2 March 18th 04 12:28 AM