Bruce[_3_] Bruce[_3_] is offline

Default PFDs

On Mon, 07 Mar 2011 10:06:57 -0900, you wrote:

In article s.com,
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
On Sun, 6 Mar 2011 15:49:11 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"you" wrote in message
In article .com,
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:

One can tap in a cam type piton with another
piton, for example, or one can simply slide it in and the cam action
tightens it into the crack and makes it secure. No hammer necessary.

Those are NOT Pitons, they are Cam Jammers... two totally different
things.... that do similar functions... Duh....

Then why does the website selling them call them pitons?

Wilbur Hubbard

But Willie, you are claiming to be a rock climber in your previous
message and now you are falling back on what a salesman says?

An expert who doesn't know any more then the "sales person' in the
store? What to call such a person? A "Mall Expert"; "Saturday
afternoon shopped Expert"; fool?

Duh! If you sell a product and call it a piton and it is not a piton you can
be sued for misrepresenting the product.

Here is an example you might understand. Company X advertises a sextant for
sale. Somebody orders one and when it arrives it turns out to be an antique
astrolabe. Company X can be sued for misrepresenting the product.

Do you understand my point NOW or must I swab the decks with you some more?

Wilbur Hubbard

Now that is about the poorest excuse for a retort as I have ever run
across... Jeeze Louise, Willie.... Have you ever climbed anything higher
than a step ladder....

But I'll bet he soloed it :-)

Cheers,

Bruce