Default PFDs

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 13:10:10 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 15:04:40 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

snip

I would have told her to fall off on purpose so I could do some
man-overboard rescue practice drills.

An added advantage would be a wet t-shirt. LOL!

Wilbur Hubbard

As long as you didn't push me! FYI, sorry I saw your email today, but
just didn't have the opportunity to give a thoughtful reply. I'll get
to it this evening after I get back from the gym. I hope you had a
nice day!

No rush. I took my time answering yours. . .

Also, Waldo sounds like an ass.

Agreed. He sounds bitter about something. Certainly, he can't still think
Jessica B is just another nym for Wilbur Hubbard. If so, then he sure can't
read with comprehension.

Wilbur Hubbard

I hope you got my email from earlier... so much going on. I really
don't have the time or energy for a bizzaro like Waldo.

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 13:15:35 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 21:14:54 -0800 (PST), Bob
wrote:

Last time I sailed, I was given a choice, and I put mine on. I was
told it would inflate by water pressure, so I didn't have to worry
about getting sprayed. It seemed pretty comfortable,

but after a while
got annoying, so I took it off.

Jessibur B Hubard,

Did it chafe your manboobs causing redness and great pain?

Bob

Since you're not able to be civil, I have no reason to continue to
talk to you.

I just hope these morons keep it up. If they can't tell a real woman from
Wilbur Hubbard then they can't read with comprehension nor can they relate
to a real woman. If this keeps up, pretty soon I'll have you all for myself.
But, I'll have to figure out a way to get rid of that blankity-blank gas can
guy. LOL! Maybe I'll drill small holes in his pitons.

Wilbur Hubbard

HAH! Gas can guy... I'll start calling him that. I was calling him Mr.
Rescue, but I like that better.

Umm... what's a piton? Mountain climbing... that's all I could come up
with.

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 13:20:03 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 15:09:29 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Feb 2011 08:37:48 -0600, CaveLamb
wrote:

I just recently bought a couple of inflatable PFDs.

One of the standing orders on my boat is that if you
are on deck and out of the cockpit you must wear your
float.

But I'm curious about what the rest of you think.
Do you wear them or not?

Last time I sailed, I was given a choice, and I put mine on. I was
told it would inflate by water pressure, so I didn't have to worry
about getting sprayed. It seemed pretty comfortable, but after a while
got annoying, so I took it off.

And therein lies the problem - discomfiture.

The last thing I need when I'm sailing is some hot and uncomfortable life
jacket of any kind chafing on me. I'd rather sit in the cockpit under the
shade of the bimini with shorts and bare-chested and enjoy the sun, wind
and
water unencumbered with a bunch of crap hanging off of my body.

Wilbur Hubbard

When I sailed it was pretty cold, so there wasn't much to do but stay
behind the black canvas (dodger). Even over the clothes (several
layers) it still started to bother me, and it there was no real
possibility of falling off.

You need to sail where it's warm or hot. It's ever so much more fun. The
water is also warm and swimming and snorkeling is just great. I heard they
might be getting SNOW in San Francisco today. Brrrr. It's 83 degrees outside
today with a nice 10-12mph south wind.

I think I heard a report of snow in Carmel! That's amazing. So much
for this global warming nonsense. Brrr is right.

No interest in San Fran... sorry. It's fun to visit for a few days,
after that it's just to weird.

Seems like maybe government officials should worry more about drug
runners than people minding their own business on a sailboat?

Exactly. But, those coward government officials won't mess with people who
shoot at them like big illegal drugs cartels. They'd rather harass
defenseless, law-abiding citizens who are minding their own business trying
to enjoy life.

Wilbur Hubbard

I'm not much for people doing drugs, but if they don't hurt anyone
perhaps it's not so bad. I have to participate in regular drug testing
(work req.), so I'm not going to risk my job. I smoked a joint in
college. It just wasn't that interesting.

wrote:

[...]

Goodness, from the lack of posts recently I had thought that the
Willie and Jessica show (called a farce in earlier times) had moved on
to bigger and better things.

Ah well, hope still springs... etc.
Cheers,

Bruce

wrote:
[...]

I think you're the one who's the farce if that's your attitude.

wrote:
[...]

farce ~ noun rare
1, a comedy characterized by broad satire and improbable situations

or

2.fill with a stuffing

It seems to fit. The poor benighted little girl asking all the silly
questions to the manly expert.... Hopefully to get his attention.

Try
http://secure.theatreroyal.org/peo/s...nimalmagnetism
for an example.

Cheers,

Bruce

wrote:
[...]

Then she's 100% correct as that fits you to a tee. Your failed attempt at a
circumnavigation was a comedy of errors based mostly upon poor judgement.
Your failure became a satire of voyaging and you ended up in an unprobably
situation being stuck at the Bangkok docks for 30 or so years now.

or

2.fill with a stuffing

Well, that applies as you are definitely full of it. LOL!

It seems to fit. The poor benighted little girl asking all the silly
questions to the manly expert.... Hopefully to get his attention.

Look at it this way. The lovely, talented, intelligent, desirable, fit and
sexy Jessica B is very capable and she easily recognizes talent, experience
and authenticity in the newsgroup. That's why she has gravitated towards
yours truly and has given you the cold shoulder you deserve for trying to
belittle her.

One of these days maybe the Jessica and I can get together and I'll be sure
to post a photo or two of her loveliness aboard my fine yacht just to show
you what you've caused yourself to miss out on because of your ungentlemanly
and crass behavior.

Wilbur Hubbard

"Jessica B" wrote in message
On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 13:15:35 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:
snip

I just hope these morons keep it up. If they can't tell a real woman from
Wilbur Hubbard then they can't read with comprehension nor can they relate
to a real woman. If this keeps up, pretty soon I'll have you all for
myself.
But, I'll have to figure out a way to get rid of that blankity-blank gas
can
guy. LOL! Maybe I'll drill small holes in his pitons.

Wilbur Hubbard

HAH! Gas can guy... I'll start calling him that. I was calling him Mr.
Rescue, but I like that better.

You might **** him off. ;-) Then where will you be the NEXT time you run
out of gas?

Umm... what's a piton? Mountain climbing... that's all I could come up
with.

Yes, they put them into cracks in the rocks and tie their safety lines on
them. If they are drilled full of holes they might fail. You did say he was
a rock climber, didn't you. LOL!

Wilbur Hubbard

"Jessica B" wrote in message
news snip

You need to sail where it's warm or hot. It's ever so much more fun. The
water is also warm and swimming and snorkeling is just great. I heard they
might be getting SNOW in San Francisco today. Brrrr. It's 83 degrees
outside
today with a nice 10-12mph south wind.

I think I heard a report of snow in Carmel! That's amazing. So much
for this global warming nonsense. Brrr is right.

But the brainwashed liberal drones who believe the human-caused global
warming lie will tell you that one of the things global warming does is to
cause cold and snowy winters. They will also tell you that global warming
can cause warm, dry winters. They will tell you anything that strikes their
moronic fancy and they will wholeheartedly believe every contradictory bit
of it. Liberals are simply unable to think analytically. Actually, they
don't really think at all; they just parrot the party-line propaganda.

No interest in San Fran... sorry. It's fun to visit for a few days,
after that it's just to weird.

Nothing but a modern day Sodom and Gommorah. I wouldn't mind seeing a giant
earthquake that sinks the self-satisfied sodomite population to the bottom
of the ocean. Well, perhaps that's being a bit too harsh. How about 95% of
the self-satisfied sodomites?

Seems like maybe government officials should worry more about drug
runners than people minding their own business on a sailboat?

Exactly. But, those coward government officials won't mess with people who
shoot at them like big illegal drugs cartels. They'd rather harass
defenseless, law-abiding citizens who are minding their own business
trying
to enjoy life.

I'm not much for people doing drugs, but if they don't hurt anyone
perhaps it's not so bad. I have to participate in regular drug testing
(work req.), so I'm not going to risk my job. I smoked a joint in
college. It just wasn't that interesting.

I hope you weren't a dumb as Bill Clinton who didn't inhale. LOL! Yah,
right!

We had to do random drug test where I worked, too. And it was a
zero-tolerance workplace. One positive result and you were history. Yet,
some people got tested and got fired - marijuana mostly, one idiot for
cocaine. So stupid to have warped priorities that put smoking dope above a
well-paying job with excellent benefits. Even if you were driving along in a
company car minding your own business and some fool ran into you you were
tested for drugs. Any accident actually, if you hurt yourself like spraining
an ankle, cutting yourself badly or anything like that which needed medical
attention you were required to **** in a bottle for them. If it was positive
you were fired and you got no workers comp either.

Wilbur Hubbard

Goodness, from the lack of posts recently I had thought that the
Willie and Jessica show (called a farce in earlier times) had moved on
to bigger and better things.

Ah well, hope still springs... etc.
Cheers,

Bruce

Wilbur/Capt. Neal had to go ashore to get the battery in his ankle bracelet.
replaced. Jessica De Plume has been over at rec.boats getting her ass
wooped.

PFDs.....afterthought? Double_J Touring 4 July 23rd 04 01:58 PM
[Q] PFDs Eric General 9 May 31st 04 01:11 PM
Harmony PFDs? Scott Schneider General 2 March 18th 04 12:28 AM