posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default 35s5 Heart of Gold

OzOne wrote in message ...
On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 12:09:35 -0500, jlrogers±³©
wrote:

From Consumer reports October 2008 About the EVO:

Ride: stiff, Poor, noisy, "frenetic highway behavior"
Steering: too light, oversteers, frenetic highway behavior
Interior plastics are drab and cheap looking
Seats do not adjust for height, ditto steering wheel
Pedals too close together
Driving position sucks

0 to 60: slower than the BMW, Subaru
1/4 mile: slower than the BMW and Subaru
Turing circle: greater than BMW, Subaru, VW
Avoid maneuver: slower than the BMW
MPG: less than BMW, VW
Interior fit and finish: poor
Luggage: room for 1 suitcase
Front shoulder room: 54.5 inches
front leg room: 42 inches
front head room: 6' 3"
(Bob's head will get the pounding it deserves)

Consumer Reports Rankings (Oct 2008)
BMW 135i 97
Mazdaspeed3 90
Impreza WRX STi 89
Mazda RX-8 86
VW R#@ DSG 89
Lancer EVO GSR 83

A sure indication the Evo owners are far more discerning than
others...

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.

The old Evo’s interior was cheaper than a one-star Romanian hotel. The new
Lancer’s interior is a bit more upmarket, but it’s still a third-rate
romance, low rent [Buick] rendezvous.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"jlrogers±³©" wrote in message

The old Evo’s interior was cheaper than a one-star Romanian hotel. The new
Lancer’s interior is a bit more upmarket, but it’s still a third-rate
romance, low rent [Buick] rendezvous.

I think there are probably three people in the whole of Usenet who actually
care about this crap. You notice that neither Bob nor Oz has once mentioned
sailing. Instead they go on and on about some crappy sports car, as though
that defines them as men. What a joke. I drive have a used jeep, a used
ranger pickup, and a nice older mercedes. I don't need to impress anyone
with my car nor would I want to nor did I ever want to, even when I was
20-something.

If this thread isn't bad enough, there are two more of the same bs.

At this point, I've killfiled both of them. The discussion was entertaining
for a while, but now it's just dumb.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 09:17:04 -0500, jlrogers±³©
wrote:

A sure indication the Evo owners are far more discerning than
others...

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.

The old Evo’s interior was cheaper than a one-star Romanian hotel. The new
Lancer’s interior is a bit more upmarket, but it’s still a third-rate
romance, low rent [Buick] rendezvous.

Actually the all leather interior and superb sound system is very very
good...did I mention that this same website rated the Mustang as the
best sports car....Many would wonder why it was even in that
group..must be the fact that the roof comes off....

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 10:07:49 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

"jlrogers±³©" wrote in message

The old Evo’s interior was cheaper than a one-star Romanian hotel. The new
Lancer’s interior is a bit more upmarket, but it’s still a third-rate
romance, low rent [Buick] rendezvous.

I think there are probably three people in the whole of Usenet who actually
care about this crap. You notice that neither Bob nor Oz has once mentioned
sailing. Instead they go on and on about some crappy sports car, as though
that defines them as men. What a joke. I drive have a used jeep, a used
ranger pickup, and a nice older mercedes. I don't need to impress anyone
with my car nor would I want to nor did I ever want to, even when I was
20-something.

If this thread isn't bad enough, there are two more of the same bs.

At this point, I've killfiled both of them. The discussion was entertaining
for a while, but now it's just dumb.

I rarely sail these days....Flying has taken my interest...I drop in
from time to time to watch the goings on.

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Sep 20, 1:05 am, OzOne wrote:

You're a twonk snip

Well.... Oz.....

I used to believe that you drove a Ferrari.

If you really do have a Ferrari, then you are demeaning the Marque.

Regards

Donal

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote:

A sure indication the Evo owners are far more discerning than
others...

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.

The old Evo’s interior was cheaper than a one-star Romanian hotel. The new
Lancer’s interior is a bit more upmarket, but it’s still a third-rate
romance, low rent [Buick] rendezvous.

Actually the all leather interior and superb sound system is very very
good

What on Earth is the point of a good sound system in a car that
doesn't have any sound insulation?

You cannot hear the music anyway!!!

Regards

Donal
posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote:

A sure indication the Evo owners are far more discerning than
others...

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.

The old Evo’s interior was cheaper than a one-star Romanian hotel. The new
Lancer’s interior is a bit more upmarket, but it’s still a third-rate
romance, low rent [Buick] rendezvous.

Actually the all leather interior and superb sound system is very very
good

What on Earth is the point of a good sound system in a car that
doesn't have any sound insulation?

You cannot hear the music anyway!!!

Donal, Ozzy's quite right. The sound system is pretty amazing and the
navigation interface is beyond what comes with the DB9. There is less
sound insulation in a Evo X, but not for a reason you'd understand or
appreciate. But there's still plenty of insulation to enjoy the 650
watt system with powered sub and 9 speakers. Rockford Fosgate designed
it to quell aftermarket desire. It does.

RB
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 16:22:01 -0700 (PDT), "Capt. Rob"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Does your MG have a radio?