posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default The Best Cockpit, not a 35.5 MG midget

Joe;

Do you think Nutsy could stand a 4 hour storm watch standing on the
transom helm seat?? (G)

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Thom Stewart wrote:
Joe;

Do you think Nutsy could stand a 4 hour storm watch standing on the
transom helm seat?? (G)

Questions for Thom:

1) Why would I stand there instead of sitting in the cockpit?
2) How many 4 hour storm watches will I likely need to complete sailing
in the LIS?

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

I've done 22 hours on the helm, at the tiller, except for a brief stint solo
on the foredeck to change headsail .... sailing through a storm all
night... blowing 35 to 40..... going upwind.... no engine at all.... narrow
channel... remote location..... no running lights.... 6 of us aboard.

I dropped hook at 0618hrs in Devil's Channel.... drank half a bottle of rum,
scowled at the crew and hit the bunk.... lights out.

That's a sail I remember..... fondly

CM
"I just can't explain how good 4" of high density foam feels"

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Joe;

Do you think Nutsy could stand a 4 hour storm watch standing on the
transom helm seat?? (G)

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

posted to alt.sailing.asa

I've done 22 hours on the helm, at the tiller, except for a brief stint
solo
on the foredeck to change headsail .... sailing through a storm all
night... blowing 35 to 40..... going upwind.... no engine at all....
narrow
channel... remote location..... no running lights.... 6 of us aboard.

I was pinned down in the Catalina 27 cockpit by a pretty Polish girl
for 45 minutes once. I couldn't hear a thing through her thighs, the
boat was rocking in strong gusts of winds and the launch was out of
service...that's a night I'll always remember too.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Nutsy??

4 boats and How Many Years??? You haven't completed LIS yet and you
never will! Sorry Nutsy but your type of sailing is more suited to an
Etchell and bunks in your SUV. Doug's Trailer Sailer would be perfect
for you. AND you wouldn't have to stand on the seat (g)

By the way, Nutsy, you just BUSTED about Umpteen Pages of you Stupid
Trolls with that question.

Scotty's right about "Never out of LIS"
The Whole of ASA is correct about your ??Helm Station??
Kind of "Wipes Out" your need for a Nav Station
Shackles & Thimbles (Smile)
Rear State Room?
Hell; Nutsy, you need a trailer not a boat. A pull-out, AC, Dish TV
Equip., Genset .Trailer. Think of the Moorage Fees you'd save.

As they say; Rolling On the Floor Laughing My Ass Off!

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Nutsy,

I have to Agree with you. You need time away from this "Discussion
Group", you're definitely getting much to easy. Everybody's kicking your
ass.

TAKE A BRAKE!!!!

And;------ "I'LL DRINK TO THAT!!"

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

posted to alt.sailing.asa

4 boats and How Many Years??? You haven't completed LIS yet and you
never will! Sorry Nutsy but your type of sailing is more suited to an
Etchell and bunks in your SUV.

Thom, there's always a few bums who want to tell other folks how to
play with their toys. If I choose to only daysail a 60 foot cruiser,
that's my business...so long as it makes me happy. This is why I never
lose here and I focus my trolls on the boats, not on how they use them.
I make special exceptions for Scott Vermon because he's really a giant
turd and his boat is on stands.
We love sailing and it makes us happy. Move along.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Nutsy,

You Stated;
We love sailing and it makes us happy. Move along. -------------

I know you do, and so do many,many others. Good & Bad sailors, with as
much love of sailing as you.

Scotty, Doug, Mooron, Jeff, Maxi, Dave;--- just a few that will disagree
about just attacking their boats. I can't think of any of them BUSTING
THEMSELVES with their own posting like you do.

Nutsy, relax and go sailing; "TAKE A BRAKE!" You need it.

The whole of ASA appreciate you taking the role of "Kickme" I do and
I've stated it but Nutsy you need a "Brake!"

Go sailing and relax. That's what boats are for. Our kind of boats
anyway.

You've got a good boat enjoy it, for what it is. Stop making claims for
it that can't hold up. Your "Benny" is loaded with short comings but
that doesn't make it a bad boat. You're right on about it being a fun
boat. It is a damn fine day sailer and Week-ender. That's how you use
it. Good!
It doesn't need a big Cockpit.

Nutsy, we don't give a ****. Most of us don't even give a **** about the
Stupidity of your Trolls. You are a master at making us reply. THANK
YOU!!

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Nutsy, we don't give a ****. Most of us don't even give a **** about
the
Stupidity of your Trolls. You are a master at making us reply. THANK
YOU!!

LOL, Thom. Okay. I'm going to PA today to visit my father anyway...good
day!
But when I get back I NEED to explain to everyone why an aft cabin like
ours is a MUST HAVE feature!
:')

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. Rob wrote:
But when I get back I NEED to explain to everyone why an aft cabin like
ours is a MUST HAVE feature!
:')

Yes, please explain why an aft cabin without proper ventilation is a
"must have" feature.

I got back a few days ago from spending 5 nights on moorings in the
middle of the worst heat wave we've had here in years. We were never
too hot at night, and usually slept under a blanket. During the day
to escape the heat I often went down to the bunk where it was cool.

Your cabin has such poor ventilation that you considered putting a gas
genset in just so you could have A/C on the one or two nights you
might spend on a mooring. If that isn't powerboat thinking, I don't
know what is!

The Better Cockpit Capt. Rob ASA 51 August 9th 06 01:37 AM
cleaning out cockpit drains?? Chris Cruising 9 May 8th 05 05:34 PM
Speaking of cockpit drains JG Cruising 5 May 7th 05 01:35 AM
Need foam fiberglas cockpit comments NT Boat Building 1 March 24th 04 07:54 AM
( OT ) Bush booted from cockpit? Jim General 12 March 16th 04 07:47 PM