John Cairns

"Donal" wrote in message

"John Cairns" wrote in message
m...

The women with the excess jewelry was probably a powerboater. Really
funny
also, listening to folks talk about their experience on the lake as if

they
had been sailing in the roaring forties.
John Cairns

Heh .... we haven't heard about the "Sea of Michigan" for a while.

Regards

Donal
--

When I got back from the crossing, one of our club members was talking about
a club cruise to a destination about 40 miles from here, blah, blah. I

John Cairns

Joe

Scott Vernon wrote:
Does 'A' dock mean something special at your marina? At mine, it

seems
the bigger ($$$$) boats are on A dock and get smaller as the letter
gets higher. Is this the norm.

My wife asked me one time if A dock meant something. Seems this

woman,
wearing tons of jewelry (powerboater?) struck up a conversation with
her and repeatedly mentioned , with emphasis, that they were on A
dock.

Scotty ( E- docker )

Well dont feel to bad, Im' on F Dock. Only sailboat on F, buts thats
OK, Its winter and all the powerboaters stay at home.

Here A dock is ole timers mostly fishing boats 30 ft range, 1
liveaboard, B&C docks are small boats 20 ft, D 13-16 ft hanging out the
water, E dock is Cigarboats, covered- 35-40 footers all hanging, F 35-
55 footers, all covered except mine and 2 next to me, Im between 2 huge
covered sheads, One side the boats in the shead grow mold and spider
webs, the other is full of a club of rich yahoo's, they call that shead
the Low tide lounge, 16 TV's on the walls, Neon everywhere, bars,
grills, ect....They are all to much in love with themselves for me to
mix with them to much, I like rich people but not the ones who act
rich, Remember larry the powerboater who crashed his boat and split
with other millions? They are all in that class. Next to me is a 58+
foot steel crewboat nice guy, rasing his 15yo nephew 15 and in the
other uncovered slip is a 50'steel Bruce Roberts Trawler single man.
Whole marina is around 225 boats.

Hopefully some day I will find the perfect piece of land to build on
and have my boat docked out back. Know of one place........ 3 acres for
300K.

Joe

"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...

My entire life isn't defined by a dock with a letter designation.

Well,
okay, maybe it is.

Maxprop

"katysails" wrote in message

Nope..I don't....the past two summers we've done a lot of sailing with our
granddaughters, exploring, and in general, not having to deal with dock
life...the switch to a mooring was not just a financial consideration....

I'm sure there are occasions when you miss it, but in generally I'm
sympathetic with your reasoning. We, too, considered a mooring, but all the
available moorings on WL are at the YC or Margaritaville, meaning lots of
boat wake and idiot powerboaters blasting through the mooring field at all
hours. Further it is a hassle to deal with Niki's needs from a mooring.
But I love being on a mooring, mostly because we aren't bothered by others,
we have some privacy, and the view is superior. When we travel we almost
never rent a slip, preferring to anchor instead. And after doing so for
years, we've arrived at the conclusion that the GLs are too crowded. This
past fall we sailed down to Muskegon Lake one weekend, just to get away from
the dock and the noise. We anchored about 100 yards from your mooring, but
never saw you guys. Must have been a weekend you weren't up at the lake.

Max

Maxprop

"katysails" wrote in message

You need to come down and visit MYC....I don't think you have us in quite
the right perspective...there are no gold ankle bracelets, the guys drink
inferior beer, and for the most part the kids run around free as
jaybirds....I think you're thinking of the other yacht club up by the
channel...

We've raced at the MYC several times over the past 30 years. I know what
it's like, and I was just yanking your chain. Truth be told, most small YCs
throughout the Great Lakes are similar--ie-not pretentious, rather
family-oriented sailing clubs with members of mostly modest means.

Max

Maxprop

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message

"Maxprop" wrote in message

Cane sugar. But properly-distilled rum is extremely dry, meaning

the sugar
is completely fermented and any residual sugar is cooked off. Some

rums,
like those horrible flavored or "spiced" rums have a dosage, or

sugar and
flavors added, but only a complete imbecile would deign to drink

them.

Just opened a bottle of Barcadi Select last night. mmmmmmm!

I've seen it, but never bought any. Hard to get past the Bacardi name. But
I've been told it's a good sipping rum, unlike that turpentine CM guzzles.

Max

Maxprop

"katysails" wrote in message

M. B. ...before you arrived, he sailed ALL the time...over the years, and
as the boats got bigger, he began to take on the "boat as cottage"
attitude...many of the people who were originally on the dock that were
sailors have left for other parts.. a few are down here in Muskegon...

Interesting. You do know that they have a Catalina 42 now, doncha? And
while he still sails, the boat doesn't go out as much as the 36 did. I
didn't know him when he owned the 30, so I guess you could be right. He's
gotten the 42 crosswise in the fairways a couple of times in a breeze, so I
think he tends to keep it tied up more than before when it's blowing. As an
aside, I've noticed this trend with most people who've gone to larger and
larger boats. Sailing frequency and size vary inversely, it would seem.

Max

Maxprop

"Scout" wrote in message

Sold the boat while I building a new home. I need the cash.
Planning a bigger boat (30-35 ft) later, but must suffer through now to
get there.
Scout

Nothing wrong with building a new home. Priorities, especially if you have
kids. Boating can wait--the oceans will always be there, despite what some
current Hollywood pop-culture movies may imply.

Max

Horvath

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 15:12:43 -0500, "Scott Vernon"
wrote this crap:

"Horvath" wrote this crap:

Even with a trailer home, home improvements never stop. I
have a double wide, and I'm currently installing $20 worth of

hardwood
flooring.

Finally got tired of the splinters from your plywood floors,eh?

I got carpet, dumbass.