Maxprop

"katysails" wrote in message

You need to come down and visit MYC....I don't think you have us in quite
the right perspective...there are no gold ankle bracelets, the guys drink
inferior beer, and for the most part the kids run around free as
jaybirds....I think you're thinking of the other yacht club up by the
channel...

We've raced at the MYC several times over the past 30 years. I know what
it's like, and I was just yanking your chain. Truth be told, most small YCs
throughout the Great Lakes are similar--ie-not pretentious, rather
family-oriented sailing clubs with members of mostly modest means.

Max