Maxprop

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message

It's so very absurd when I read a post where you actually
referred to Katy having here boat on a mooring as if she
were some kind of second class citizen compared to you
high and might dockers. Bwahahhahahahhahahahhahahha.

Laugh, will you . . .Katy has no electricity to run the blender for the
preparation of rum drinks, she has no umbrella under which to bask and no
lounge chairs upon which to sit while drinking rum drinks, and she has no
immediately-available neighbors with whom to party while drinking the
aforementioned rum drinks. Those stipulations, alone, qualify her as a
second-class citizen.

What's it take to live at a dock besides a desire to be
a zoo animal in a cage for all gawkers to look at as if
you were some kind of freak.

We are, indeed, animals. Or at least we can be. God, I love the dock
lifestyle.

At least Katy is one step closer to being a real sailor
than you will ever be so you're acting so superior to
her shows how uninformed about sailing you really are.

Sailing? Who gives a **** about sailing. We're talking some serious rum
drinking here, you moron. Get a life. Sheesh.

Max

Scout

IMHO, many true sailors are asocial creatures. A desire to be a sailor
speaks more about personality type than about a boat. I truly hated being in
a marina; I sail to get away from people. At the dock, there were too many
people, and they never stopped talking. So it didn't matter what time I got
to my boat, I always got the hell out of the slip and anchored somewhere
quiet.
My little piece of heaven is called N39.63778 W74.21002.

I'm more passionate about sailing than my posts might indicate. When I'm
sailing, I temporarily cut the bonds that tie me to other people. That is
the thing! The wind is free and the water won't be owned. The land is too
old and changes too slowly for me to understand it, but the water seems to
transition at a rate more in keeping with my life's passing. When I'm on the
water, I feel as though I can live several lifetimes in a single day.

When I reach the good Captain's age, I hope to have a boat large enough for
extended voyages. It may be on many days that the voyage is only to my
mooring; I can be happy on those days too. But never would I be happy at a
dock.

Scout

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message
a real sailor who knows deep in his heart that a dock
equals a slum for wannabe sailors.

katysails

Docks and people who store their boats on them are a definite
threat.

Get real.

Take the Bahamas, for example. The docks draw thieves like
a rotting carcass draws vultures. These thieves eventually
look at anchored boats and attempt to rob them as well.

It's mooring fields that usually draw thieves around here. Dovks are
surrounded by marinas that usually have security systems. Other thing is,
most marinas in W. Michigan are in small tourist towns where there is very
little crime to ebgin with...

Docks cause a massive outflow of raw sewage because we
all know people on docks just flush their crap overboard.

Great Lakes: everything is capped off. You can't dump anything. You must
go to a pump out station.

Docks are a haven for rats, seagulls, stray dogs and
people with criminal backgrounds who want to evade
the law.

A dock had a pair of mink several years running...they were cute but you had
to be careful not to get too close...

Docks are a hurricane hazard because they often break
up and loose and drift down on anchored boats causing
them to be damaged when they otherwise would have been
quite safe.

Don't have an hurricanes here and they pick up the docks before hard winter
sets in...

Docks are an oily place with people pumping bilge water
and polluting the entire area around the docks.

That's another no-no here....you can get a massive fine from the DNR for
doing that...

Docks are noisy and uncivilized.

I'll give you that one...

Need I continue.

CN
"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message

It's terribly sad when people's entire life is defined by a dock
with a letter designation.

My entire life isn't defined by a dock with a letter designation. Well,
okay, maybe it is.

You people just will never know how pathetic your silly ramblings
sound to a real sailor who knows deep in his heart that a dock
equals a slum for wannabe sailors.

And you have a problem with that? g

Max

katysails

Laugh, will you . . .Katy has no electricity to run the blender for the
preparation of rum drinks,

I never had a blender when I was at a dock....no loss....

she has no umbrella under which to bask

yes, I do...we have a cockpit
umbrella : P

and no
lounge chairs upon which to sit while drinking rum drinks,

I don't drink rum drinks Except for rum and diet coke they're full of
sugar...) and I have a fine cockpit where I can sit if I want...if I want a
lounge chair, I have a POOL WITH LOUNGE CHAIRAS that I can row to if I so
desire (nyah-nyah you don't have a pool)

and she has no
immediately-available neighbors with whom to party while drinking

I belong to a yacht club...get real...

the
aforementioned rum drinks. Those stipulations, alone, qualify her as a
second-class citizen.

Only if you're using the citizenship requirements for A dock...

Sailing? Who gives a **** about sailing.

I do...

katysails

You're right, Scout. What we saw happen over the years was people who were
sailors turn into people who weren't. (Max is not included in that
group...he does sail...a lot...) The dock lifestyle took over the sailing
lifestyle.

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message
a real sailor who knows deep in his heart that a dock
equals a slum for wannabe sailors.

Scott Vernon

"Capt. Neal®" wrote

Docks are a haven for rats, seagulls, stray dogs and
people with criminal backgrounds who want to evade
the law.

Wonder where Haggy's been?

Scotty

Scott Vernon

"Scout" wrote ...

I'm more passionate about sailing than my posts might indicate. When

I'm
sailing, I temporarily cut the bonds that tie me to other people.

That is
the thing! The wind is free and the water won't be owned. The land

is too
old and changes too slowly for me to understand it, but the water

seems to
transition at a rate more in keeping with my life's passing. When

I'm on the
water, I feel as though I can live several lifetimes in a single

day.

Is that why you sold your boat?

Scotty

Steelers = 13 - 1

Scout

"Scott Vernon" wrote
Is that why you sold your boat?

Exactly!

Steelers = 13 - 1

by 4:30 today, the Eagles will also be 13-1.
Scout

Scott Vernon

Does 'A' dock mean something special at your marina? At mine, it seems
the bigger ($$$$) boats are on A dock and get smaller as the letter
gets higher. Is this the norm.

My wife asked me one time if A dock meant something. Seems this woman,
wearing tons of jewelry (powerboater?) struck up a conversation with
her and repeatedly mentioned , with emphasis, that they were on A
dock.

Scotty ( E- docker )

"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...

My entire life isn't defined by a dock with a letter designation.

Well,
okay, maybe it is.

Scott Vernon

Most likely.