Scout

IMHO, many true sailors are asocial creatures. A desire to be a sailor
speaks more about personality type than about a boat. I truly hated being in
a marina; I sail to get away from people. At the dock, there were too many
people, and they never stopped talking. So it didn't matter what time I got
to my boat, I always got the hell out of the slip and anchored somewhere
quiet.
My little piece of heaven is called N39.63778 W74.21002.

I'm more passionate about sailing than my posts might indicate. When I'm
sailing, I temporarily cut the bonds that tie me to other people. That is
the thing! The wind is free and the water won't be owned. The land is too
old and changes too slowly for me to understand it, but the water seems to
transition at a rate more in keeping with my life's passing. When I'm on the
water, I feel as though I can live several lifetimes in a single day.

When I reach the good Captain's age, I hope to have a boat large enough for
extended voyages. It may be on many days that the voyage is only to my
mooring; I can be happy on those days too. But never would I be happy at a
dock.

Scout

"Capt. NealŪ" wrote in message
a real sailor who knows deep in his heart that a dock
equals a slum for wannabe sailors.