Maxprop

"katysails" wrote in message

Nope..I don't....the past two summers we've done a lot of sailing with our
granddaughters, exploring, and in general, not having to deal with dock
life...the switch to a mooring was not just a financial consideration....

I'm sure there are occasions when you miss it, but in generally I'm
sympathetic with your reasoning. We, too, considered a mooring, but all the
available moorings on WL are at the YC or Margaritaville, meaning lots of
boat wake and idiot powerboaters blasting through the mooring field at all
hours. Further it is a hassle to deal with Niki's needs from a mooring.
But I love being on a mooring, mostly because we aren't bothered by others,
we have some privacy, and the view is superior. When we travel we almost
never rent a slip, preferring to anchor instead. And after doing so for
years, we've arrived at the conclusion that the GLs are too crowded. This
past fall we sailed down to Muskegon Lake one weekend, just to get away from
the dock and the noise. We anchored about 100 yards from your mooring, but
never saw you guys. Must have been a weekend you weren't up at the lake.

Max