Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
EdGordonRN

Default No Longer a Beginner!

Last Friday we took out boat out in 13-20 mph winds with white caps and sailed
it perfectly and with much fun. We especially liked sailing close hauled with
spray and water splashing on us. We have a Hunter 146, and I think it's safe to
say, we were pushing it to its limits. We had the main reefed but with full
jib. I really don't think I want to go out in heavier winds. But we are
certainly no longer beginners at sailing. The problem now is that we are
spoiled. We refuse to go sailing if the wind is 9 mph. I'd go out in maybe
winds gusting to 25 mph, but beyond that, I'm sure I'd start breaking rigging.

Beginner boat B McDonald General 4 March 20th 04 11:54 PM
Diesel Fuel Decontamination Units Give Stored Fuel Longer Life. John T. Nightingale General 6 February 20th 04 02:28 PM
Waltz radar levelling mounts no longer available Gordon Wedman Cruising 12 February 2nd 04 06:52 AM
Any boat repair will take longer and cost more than originally guessed! Gould 0738 General 11 January 11th 04 08:00 AM