Bobsprit

Default No Longer a Beginner!

What does thinking in nautical miles have to do with getting burned out or
frustrated?

Nothing. He was making an additional comment, Wally.

RB
Bobsprit

The bottom line is: we sail. We don't need "sailorly" things unless
they aid what we do.

Good for you! You're not a fraud. Do what works for you and sail safe. THAT'S
sailing!

RB
Bobsprit

Or were you digressing towards your justification of
how you sail and your approach to same?

He is sailing, Wally. Meanwhile, we've yet to see your boat with a spin after
you suggested that flying one in very light air was a snap!

RB
Bobsprit

I think you are missing something. If you are beating against a
southerly wind, then you're heading either SE or SW. If you then turn
180, you'll be on a broad reach heading either NE or NW.

He never said he turned 180 degrees doug, nor did he indicate his course
relative to his destination or return point.
You're wrong because you lack data are are just being an ass troll.

RB
Martin Baxter

EdGordonRN wrote:
Ed, perhaps you should have taken a lesson or two, look up asymmetric
spinnakers
and see what you can find about sailing with one, definitely not for running!

Why take a lesson when I already know how to sail, and I sail all the time? Why
take a lesson when I can read what I want to know in a book? As for spinnakers,
we were running today and talked about it, and there's no real reason for it on
our boat. Too much hassle and modification necessary. And for any other point
of sail, the last thing we need is more sail area. Consider that the boat we
sail is not a racing dinghy. It's well designed, very strong and fast, but it's
not a racer.

Whatever floats yer boat Ed!

Cheers
Marty

Wally

Bobsprit wrote:

If the wind didn't change direction, wouldn't your return trip have
been a broad reach?

No Wally. You don't know the position of his mooring relative to the
wind nor at which point he started to sail close hauled.

Read it again...
-----------
We sailed, I believe a total of six miles, according to the road map I use
as a
chart. 3 miles was beating against approximately 11 mile an hour winds, and
of
course 3 miles on a run on the way back.
-----------

6 miles total, 3 miles out, 3 miles in. He was beating for the first 3.

--
Wally
www.forthsailing.com

Bobsprit

6 miles total, 3 miles out, 3 miles in. He was beating for the first 3.

Wally, he still left his mooring, trimmed and finally chose his course. By then
his angle of departure was different.

RB
Bobsprit

Really Wally. Do better.

I was being facetious.

Why? Ed is clearly having fun with his boat. Does this bother you? Why not be
supportive?

RB
Wally

Bobsprit wrote:

So long as they both know what the other is doing, they can yell
whatever they want and it will work fine. A few of my girls only know
Spanish sailing terms and it works fine once I know what's what.

They're *your* girls now?

Really Wally. Do better.

I was being facetious.

--
Wally
www.forthsailing.com

Wally

Bobsprit wrote:

Meanwhile, we've yet to see your boat with a
spin after you suggested that flying one in very light air was a snap!

Lame, Bob.

--
Wally
www.forthsailing.com

Beginner boat B McDonald General 4 March 20th 04 11:54 PM
Diesel Fuel Decontamination Units Give Stored Fuel Longer Life. John T. Nightingale General 6 February 20th 04 02:28 PM
Waltz radar levelling mounts no longer available Gordon Wedman Cruising 12 February 2nd 04 06:52 AM
Any boat repair will take longer and cost more than originally guessed! Gould 0738 General 11 January 11th 04 08:00 AM