EdGordonRN

Default No Longer a Beginner!

Last Friday we took out boat out in 13-20 mph winds with white caps and sailed
it perfectly and with much fun. We especially liked sailing close hauled with
spray and water splashing on us. We have a Hunter 146, and I think it's safe to
say, we were pushing it to its limits. We had the main reefed but with full
jib. I really don't think I want to go out in heavier winds. But we are
certainly no longer beginners at sailing. The problem now is that we are
spoiled. We refuse to go sailing if the wind is 9 mph. I'd go out in maybe
winds gusting to 25 mph, but beyond that, I'm sure I'd start breaking rigging.