Donal

Default Remember Pearl Harbor!;

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
This is Ole Fart,
It was the Yanks that turned WW2 Allied Forces into an Offences Force.
That is the FACT. Everywhere but in the Soviet. The Russians turn
themselves into an offence unit. That is another story. It's called the
Cold WAR.

Rubbish! The Russians FOUGHT the Germans during WWII. The cold war
started after 1945.

The Russians sacrificed more lives that the USA when Russia and the USA were
allies!

Regards

Donal

DSK

Peter Wiley wrote:

2 separate things. I agree with you WRT the reparations which
undoubtedly broke the Weimar Republic and led pretty directly to the
rise of the Nazi Party. doing the same after WW2 would have been
pointless and counterproductive.

FWIW I think the Marshall Plan is one of the key reasons why we 'won' the Cold War.

I disagree about treating war
criminals as such. The Japanese got off a lot more lightly than the
Germans did.

Yep. Absolutely agreed there. Kinds of puts an interesting spin on the charge of
American racism, doesn't it? I mean, us not nuking the Germans because they were fellow
round-eyes and all.

Personally, I think the Allies in the Pacific should have taken the lot of Japanese war
criminals and turned them over to the Vietnamese, Burmese, Koreans, etc etc.

I'd prefer to not see two sets of blindly patriotic brinksmen shout at each other,
the facts are both more interesting & more useful.

Yep. I was responding in kind and I'm going to kill this thread.

OK, I'll just pull up a seat.

DSK

DSK

Default Remember Navvie© is a welsher

The navigator© wrote:

I think you all have forgotten about my lost bet

Nobody has forgotten it, and everybody saw how little you really know about
stability and boat design too.

Thom Stewart

Oh Bull**** Donal,

When a Gift is accepted the giver assumes it is needed. After accepting
the Gift that person shouldn't blame the giver because the giver
recognizes the need. To blame the giver for the need is ignorances when
it wasn't the giver fault. If you blame the giver you really are a loser

I feel that way about France, Germany. and Canada and their cry baby
attitude Now that there is $67,000,000,000 They want to forget all the
**** they screamed at the USA. Why pray tell, should we hire people that
don't like us. They deserve to be losers

Screw them, and screw their so called sensitivity, and while I'm at it
screw you and your twisted sensitivity

If yoy can't be correct I guess you have to fall back on sensitivity.
Loser do that a lot.

Ole Thom

Bobsprit

You're very old. Why don't you have any of Thom's wit or perspective?

Sometimes you *are* incisive.

That's what by dentist says.

RB

Thom Stewart

Donal,
Can't you even read with with an open mind? I know they were on our side
when the USA joined the ALLIES

Now, Donal, where they Allies when Germany invaded Poland? Where they
Allies when they.invaded Finland? Why don't you tell the group when they
became Allies? Tell us the date so that you can remember.

I know they became an Ally before the USA got in the war. We lost a load
of Merchant Seaman delivering Lend Lease goods to them. They were
fighting the Germans with a lot of American Equipment while they moved
their manufacturing facilities East of the Ural Mountains, out of the
range of German bombers

If you remember I said Stalin wanted the second front at the meeting in
Potsdam (Normandy) was how I printed it

If you were paying any attention to what you were reading, rather than
hunting for an opening for "BAITING" you would have read I listed the
Cold War as another story. I've taken up enough time from the Group
already. It time to give up the floor
I'll save the beginning of the Cold War for another session.

I think you and "The Oz" and Peter and Nav have been blunted enough
about Europe's status during WW2. The "Wall", Eastern Europe and Free
Europe can be told later,
It Is a rather long story

Go crawl into the Pub and have a Stout for me

Ole Thom

Thom Stewart

Thank you Simple,

I'll live as long as the Lord let's me. No longer, no less.

I do hope my memory continues to serve. I have a Thurday Lunch set up.
Called the Tom, Dick and Harry Lunch. None of our Minds & Memories are
what they were and one of us is in the early stages.
I don't think you younger people can know how frighten that can be.

Two of us are 77 and the oldest is 82

You guys can take a bow, they say my good memory is due to this Group. I
don't disagree and I thank you all

Ole Thom
P/S the spell checker called out "Tom" and gave me ThomG I only use
that on the 'NET.

Thom Stewart

God Bless Her Oz,

You are truly bless that she is able to care for herself at that age.

I had to give up Golf in 1989. My immune system was affected by Myasthia
Gravis. A neurological disorder of the muscles. I'm in remission pretty
well right now but I can't hit that damn ball, Double Vision when I look
down.. Recovered enough to sail singlehanded but have to be careful

Give her a kiss for me and tell it from a friend of your's on the 'net.
Tell her I'm 77 and sail with a female crew, Always room for another
beauty.

I hope she hits them long and down the middle

I'll Drink to you and her tonight

Ole Thom

Wolfie

"Thom Stewart" wrote

You Yank-baiter can't seem to find peace that the ALLIES weren't a
winning team until the Yanks were included.

That is why I've been asking for one of the baiters from this list to
find a Battle before 12/7/1941.

The USSR had successfully defended Moscow, with Hitler
ending the German effort to take Moscow on 12-5-41. A
major counterattack (along the entire 500 mile front) takes
place on Dec. 6, throwing the Germans back, away from
Moscow. Moscow is never threatened again.

British forces accepted the surrender of all Italian forces in
east Africa on 11-28-41, securing that end of the Med (and
the Suez Canal) for the rest of the war. (They'd taken Syria
and Lebanon earlier in the year.)

The Bismarck, of course, was sunk earlier, in May. That
was certainly a pretty big victory, at least in terms of morale
and ending the threat to the convoy routes from surface
warships. But I'd say stopping the Germans in the suburbs
of Moscow - to the point Hitler decided to abandon the
effort -- was a pretty major victory. Stopping any threat
to the Suez Canal and allied forces in Egypt from the flanks
was pretty big too in the overall scheme of things.

Thom Stewart

Wolfie,
If you want to consider that '41 campaign a Allied Victory so be it? A
major Russian city under siege, German occupation of most of European
Russia, the Romanian Oil industry in German control; I don't call that a
Victory. If that was a Victory then I guess we can call Pearl Harbor a
Victoryg the Japs never got near there again. Wolfie they kick the
**** out of us at Pearl Harbor!!! The Germans did the same to the
Russians in 1941.

I guess you can keep score your way but the Bismarck was sunk alright
but tell that to the died on the "Hood" That was only one fight in the
"Battle of the North Atlantic" and the Wolf Packs were still starving
the British in '41. The German Subs were winning the Battle of the
Atlantic in '41

Your right about the I-ties in North Africa but the Axis ( Rommel)
controlled North Africa not the Allies, the Allies didn't control North
Africa until Patton and Montgomery drove them out.

Wolfie, You made good points. You forgot the first Naval engagement of
the War in South America when the three Brit Cruisers cause the Hun to
scuttle the Battleship

I'm had my say. The Allies, in my mind weren't winners until the Yanks
took command in Europe and Asia/Pacific.

Signing off;
Ole Thom

FS: 1975 Egg Harbor Sportfish in RI $40K or BO Joe Marketplace 0 May 10th 04 12:29 AM
OT - Remember the Alamo? John H General 8 March 13th 04 04:03 PM
Pearl Harbor Day Gould 0738 General 30 December 13th 03 07:05 PM
Native NW'ers might remember this... jps General 1 August 10th 03 09:57 PM
A Night to Remember Bobsprit ASA 2 July 19th 03 02:48 AM