Thom Stewart

Default Remember Pearl Harbor!;

Thanks Oz,

The Panay happened when I was 12 yrs old. I tried to fix the date by
trying to remember what year family car we had. We had a 1937 Hudson and
Also a 1939 Hudson. They both looked alike. I pick the wrong one

Anyway thanks for the Info. From what I remember my Dad sayiny; "It was
a sucker punch to get the River clear of all foreign influence.
It didn't work. but that to is another story.

"REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR"

Guys, I'm getting Tired. I'll get back to you tomorrow

That should give you enough time to research a battle of victory before
12/7/1941. I don't think you master- Baiters) can do it

Ole Thom

Donal

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Donal,

You have done it again! Your taking YOUR IMPRESSION and implying that it
is mine. Cheap trick!!

WE fought WW2 as a team. You Yank-baiters are the ones that make comment
about a member of that team. Belittling, snide comments.

What have I written that you think is snide or belittling?

I'm asking you to prove you were winning the WAR before we joined the
team.

Why are you asking me this question? I never claimed that *we??* were
winning the war before the US joined in. So why would I even Want to make
such claims?

Since I asked for this proof I've heard about everything but. WERE THE
ALLIES WINNING THE WAR WITHOUT THE YANKS?

NO Thom, they weren't! I never said that they were!!!!!!

Now, Thom, I've given you a straight answer to a straight question.
Now it's my turn.

Did the Yanks win the war without the allies?

Regards

Donal

Donal

"The_navigator©" wrote in message
Dear Thom,
Do Naval battles count?

Not if you can produce any allied victories!

OT's initial question was about "allied victories". When I mentioned the
Battle of Britain, he moved the goalposts and added the word "offensive".

Regards

Donal

Scott Vernon

Donut, it seemed to me as if Thom was answering ozzys' posts but addressing
them to you. I believe the stupid ''Donnys Delimma'' handle is the culprit.

What happened to Oz1, anyway?

Scotty

"Donal" wrote in message

[...]

Thom Stewart

Donal,

I've said the War was an ALLIED VICTORY, always.

You Yank-baiter can't seem to find peace that the ALLIES weren't a
winning team until the Yanks were included.

That is why I've been asking for one of the baiters from this list to
find a Battle before 12/7/1941.

Let's remember this all started with my post of; Remember Pearl Harbor
and then I snide reply to Joe's story at the WW2 Monument of planting of
the American Flag on Mt. S. in Iwo Jima. I took exception to his
demeaning of Americans feeling and showing Pride for their Vets. His
remarks about flag waving and monologue were made Dec11 (Aussie time)
Dec 10 (US Time) My reply (**** off) That we went to war in Europe and
lost at lot of Americans fighting a delaying action while "WE MADE
WINNERS OUT OF LOSERS!"
Dec11 (Aussies time) Oz's reply; Was sick of my flag waving and claiming
we won the war single handed ( this was the first mention of single
handed action and made by a Baiter, not me)
Dec 11 ( I guess UK time) Donal's Reply;
You agreed it was OK to have Pride but claim I overlooked all the
contributions made by all the other Allied people. that Donal was your
assumption of something I had done that was not true (A cheap trick) I
said the American graves were there because the world couldn't take care
of itself. You took exception to this claiming it was pure conjecture
and offensive. Donal, I made that statement to you group of critics
(Critics) was how I printed it. It may have been offensive to you but it
was true. It wasn't conjecture. After the War, Europe were still a
defeated people at the mercy of the Soviet Union. They were helpless.
This were proven when Russia closed off Berlin. The Yanks had to supply
the City by air. Do you remember the "Berlin Airlift"? It was then that
Truman realized the helplessness of the people. The Truman Doctrine was
declared to restore the infrastructure of the countries of Europe, both
Allies and enemies. Out of this Doctrine came the Marshall Plan. Do you
remember these things? Money was made available, by the US Tax Payers,
for the recovery of the countries crushed by WW2. This restored the
European Economy. The infrastructure of Europe. This is the truth. It
was so successful the Russians built a Wall to stop it. Do you remember?
I don't know your age but you should know about this.

I'll get off the Soap Box now. I'm sorry if you find this offensive but
it isn't conjecture.

If the Yankee baiters don't like it SCREW THEM. I know there are people
who remember and are thankful

Remember Pearl Harbor----

AND: "I'LL DRINK TO THAT!!"

History lession over:

Ole Thom

Simple Simon

That's one great thing about old men - they have
perspective and an appreciation of history.

Long may you live with clear memory, Ole Thom!

S.Simon

[...]

Thom Stewart

Bobsprit

That's one great thing about old men - they have
perspective and an appreciation of history.

You're very old. Why don't you have any of Thom's wit or perspective?

RB
Donal

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Donal,

I've said the War was an ALLIED VICTORY, always.

You Yank-baiter can't seem to find peace that the ALLIES weren't a
winning team until the Yanks were included.

That is why I've been asking for one of the baiters from this list to
find a Battle before 12/7/1941.

Let's remember this all started with my post of; Remember Pearl Harbor
and then I snide reply to Joe's story at the WW2 Monument of planting of
the American Flag on Mt. S. in Iwo Jima. I took exception to his
demeaning of Americans feeling and showing Pride for their Vets. His
remarks about flag waving and monologue were made Dec11 (Aussie time)
Dec 10 (US Time) My reply (**** off) That we went to war in Europe and
lost at lot of Americans fighting a delaying action while "WE MADE
WINNERS OUT OF LOSERS!"

I've already pointed out that I think that you are putting down the efforts
of the rest of the allies.

Now, let me quote what you just wrote:-

"WE MADE WINNERS OUT OF LOSERS!"

Do you really think that the rest of the allies were "LOSERS"?

We all feel an enormous amount of gratitude for the help that the US gave in
WWII. However, we did not expect that we would have to publicly accept
that we were "LOSERS".

It is easy to show gratitude to a friend who offers assistance in a time of
need. If the cost of such assistance, is that one must admit to being a
"LOSER", then most of us would prefer to do without the help. We would also
re-evualuate our understanding of the term "friend".

I never thought that America had insisted that the allies should eat humble
pie. However, as I read your posts, I am beginning to realise that the US
insisted that an American General had supreme authority in *every* theatre
of war.

It's odd. I always laughed at the suggestions that I was anti-American.
After all, I supported American action in Afghanistan. I supported US
policy in the Middle East. I've supported, and profited from, the American
presence in the UK and Germany.

Now, that I know that you were only proving that you were superior to the
"LOSERS" in the rest of the world, I am a bit confused.

Your attitudes are driving away any support that the US once enjoyed in the
international community.

Regards

LOSER aka Donal

Donal

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
That's one great thing about old men - they have
perspective and an appreciation of history.

You're very old. Why don't you have any of Thom's wit or perspective?

Sometimes you *are* incisive.

Regards

Donal

FS: 1975 Egg Harbor Sportfish in RI $40K or BO Joe Marketplace 0 May 10th 04 12:29 AM
OT - Remember the Alamo? John H General 8 March 13th 04 04:03 PM
Pearl Harbor Day Gould 0738 General 30 December 13th 03 07:05 PM
Native NW'ers might remember this... jps General 1 August 10th 03 09:57 PM
A Night to Remember Bobsprit ASA 2 July 19th 03 02:48 AM