Donal

Default Remember Pearl Harbor!;

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Donal,

I've said the War was an ALLIED VICTORY, always.

You Yank-baiter can't seem to find peace that the ALLIES weren't a
winning team until the Yanks were included.

That is why I've been asking for one of the baiters from this list to
find a Battle before 12/7/1941.

Let's remember this all started with my post of; Remember Pearl Harbor
and then I snide reply to Joe's story at the WW2 Monument of planting of
the American Flag on Mt. S. in Iwo Jima. I took exception to his
demeaning of Americans feeling and showing Pride for their Vets. His
remarks about flag waving and monologue were made Dec11 (Aussie time)
Dec 10 (US Time) My reply (**** off) That we went to war in Europe and
lost at lot of Americans fighting a delaying action while "WE MADE
WINNERS OUT OF LOSERS!"

I've already pointed out that I think that you are putting down the efforts
of the rest of the allies.

Now, let me quote what you just wrote:-

"WE MADE WINNERS OUT OF LOSERS!"

Do you really think that the rest of the allies were "LOSERS"?

We all feel an enormous amount of gratitude for the help that the US gave in
WWII. However, we did not expect that we would have to publicly accept
that we were "LOSERS".

It is easy to show gratitude to a friend who offers assistance in a time of
need. If the cost of such assistance, is that one must admit to being a
"LOSER", then most of us would prefer to do without the help. We would also
re-evualuate our understanding of the term "friend".

I never thought that America had insisted that the allies should eat humble
pie. However, as I read your posts, I am beginning to realise that the US
insisted that an American General had supreme authority in *every* theatre
of war.

It's odd. I always laughed at the suggestions that I was anti-American.
After all, I supported American action in Afghanistan. I supported US
policy in the Middle East. I've supported, and profited from, the American
presence in the UK and Germany.

Now, that I know that you were only proving that you were superior to the
"LOSERS" in the rest of the world, I am a bit confused.

Your attitudes are driving away any support that the US once enjoyed in the
international community.

Regards

LOSER aka Donal