Wolfie

Default Remember Pearl Harbor!;

"Thom Stewart" wrote

You Yank-baiter can't seem to find peace that the ALLIES weren't a
winning team until the Yanks were included.

That is why I've been asking for one of the baiters from this list to
find a Battle before 12/7/1941.

The USSR had successfully defended Moscow, with Hitler
ending the German effort to take Moscow on 12-5-41. A
major counterattack (along the entire 500 mile front) takes
place on Dec. 6, throwing the Germans back, away from
Moscow. Moscow is never threatened again.

British forces accepted the surrender of all Italian forces in
east Africa on 11-28-41, securing that end of the Med (and
the Suez Canal) for the rest of the war. (They'd taken Syria
and Lebanon earlier in the year.)

The Bismarck, of course, was sunk earlier, in May. That
was certainly a pretty big victory, at least in terms of morale
and ending the threat to the convoy routes from surface
warships. But I'd say stopping the Germans in the suburbs
of Moscow - to the point Hitler decided to abandon the
effort -- was a pretty major victory. Stopping any threat
to the Suez Canal and allied forces in Egypt from the flanks
was pretty big too in the overall scheme of things.