DSK

Default Remember Pearl Harbor!;

Peter Wiley wrote:

2 separate things. I agree with you WRT the reparations which
undoubtedly broke the Weimar Republic and led pretty directly to the
rise of the Nazi Party. doing the same after WW2 would have been
pointless and counterproductive.

FWIW I think the Marshall Plan is one of the key reasons why we 'won' the Cold War.

I disagree about treating war
criminals as such. The Japanese got off a lot more lightly than the
Germans did.

Yep. Absolutely agreed there. Kinds of puts an interesting spin on the charge of
American racism, doesn't it? I mean, us not nuking the Germans because they were fellow
round-eyes and all.

Personally, I think the Allies in the Pacific should have taken the lot of Japanese war
criminals and turned them over to the Vietnamese, Burmese, Koreans, etc etc.

I'd prefer to not see two sets of blindly patriotic brinksmen shout at each other,
the facts are both more interesting & more useful.

Yep. I was responding in kind and I'm going to kill this thread.

OK, I'll just pull up a seat.

DSK