Scott Vernon

Default Congratulations, Bob.

"Donal" wrote

Damn!! That means that everybody is going to think that an attractive,
good looking person would go sailing with Bob.

They wouldn't have if you'd a kept your trap shut.

Please reconsider your position??

OK
..
..
..
..
..
NO

Scott Vernon

I did that once, when I was 16.(it was a van roof)

Scotty

"Thom Stewart" wrote
How many times
does a car heel at a thirty degree angle with you standing on the roof?

Jeff Morris

You're being far too harsh - since Booby has already demonstrated that the most basic
piloting skills are beyond him, we should encourage Suzanne's efforts to learn.

--
-jeff
"Constant Vigilance!" - Frances W. Wright

"Simple Simon" wrote in message

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

As I clearly indicated, I spot used the GPS to give
Suzanne our position. She did the rest, also using her Davis bearing compass
(for practice) to confirm positions.

Bwaaaaahahahhahahahahahhahahha!

Confirming GPS positions with a hand bearing compass is
about as silly as confirming the location of a fiber optics
cable with a backhoe.

You are a definite hazard on the water - if you ever get out
on the water, that is. What a joke!

S.Simon

Donal

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
Did Ozzy and bob get married? I missed the wedding?

No, but Bob passed wind, rather forcefully, (after a large portion of
beans) and Oz's head was temporarily expelled. Oz was only blinded by the
light for a couple of seconds before he sought refuge in the innermost
recesses of Bobsprit's large intestine!

Now, he is only visible from the shoulders down.

This state of affairs is causing a small amount of confusion because Oz is
now talking out of Bob's ass - instead of his own.

Regards

Donal

Donal

"Peter Wiley" wrote in message
. ..
Since you don't have that level of self control, not drinking at all is
the right solution - for you.

That is the reason that I never drink while I am sailing.

Regards

Donal

Donal

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Donal,

How many times do you go the the hood of a car in motion? How many times
does a car heel at a thirty degree angle with you standing on the roof?
You do know you can slow a car down without reefing.

I've mentioned many times that I run a "dry ship". I never drink while I
am sailing. However, the main reason is that I want to avoid the temptation
to have a "second".

That does NOT mean that I want to see any laws on the subject. I'm also
quite happy to assume that the "other guy" is drunk in any passing
situation. I would prefer to see our sport remain free from regulation than
to subject myself to the possibility that the police can stop me at their
whim. Sailing *is* freedom. Let's keep it that way!

The British government recently tried to bring in "drink sailing" laws. In
the government white paper they admitted that not a *SINGLE* life would have
been saved over the last ten years, if drunken sailing had been illegal!!

Our liberty should only be restricted when there is an overwhelming benefit
to the common good.

Regards

Donal

Jeff Morris

Donal wrote:
The British government recently tried to bring in "drink sailing"
laws. In the government white paper they admitted that not a
*SINGLE* life would have been saved over the last ten years, if
drunken sailing had been illegal!!

In the USCG Annual Boating Statistics for 2001 there are 681 fatalities listed. In 232
cases alcohol was listed as "the investigating official has determined that the operator
was impaired or affected while operating the boat." In 91 fatalities alcohol consumptions
was listed as the primary cause.

Of course, for sailing the numbers are a much lower - 12 fatalities for aux sailboats, 18
for sail only, and most of these were downings - so one might conclude that alcohol was
actually a very minor factor in "sailing safety" as opposed to "boating safety."

http://www.uscgboating.org/statistic...stics_2001.pdf

Scott Vernon

Results thus far;

Sail with drunk Mooron ----- 2,835
Sail with sober bobspit ----- 2 1/2

Poll closes Tue. 0900

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
I guess that's half a vote?

Sail with drunk Mooron ----- 1,755
Sail with sober bobspit ----- 2 1/2

"The Captains Master" wrote in message
On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 09:45:31 -0400, "Scott Vernon"
wrote:

results as of 0900, 06/30/03;

Sail with drunk Mooron ----- 1,573
Sail with sober bobspit ----- 2

Hey I'll sail with Bubbles....but I'll have to get drunk first.

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

Scott Vernon

Results thus far;

Sail with drunk Mooron ----- 3,544
Sail with sober bobspit ----- 2 1/2

Poll closes Tue. 0900

wrote:

results as of 0900, 06/30/03;

Sail with drunk Mooron ----- 1,573
Sail with sober bobspit ----- 2

Hey I'll sail with Bubbles....but I'll have to get drunk first.

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

Capt. Mooron

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

| I'm twice the sailor you are. Three times the sailor if you can't stop.

No doubt you are basing this on number of passes required to make an easy
entry to a harbour!!

Bwahahahahahahaaaaaa!

CM