Bobsprit

Default Congratulations, Bob.

On each side of the entrance is a flashing light on a tower that is
about 30 feet high. There are also at least three lighted bouys in
close proximity. A glance at a chart would tell you which flashing
light was which.

How wide is the entrance? How close are the two FBs to the SW???

RB
Bobsprit

Boats doing 6 kts with large distances between them is a completely
different matter.

Can you really not see the difference?

Alcohol effects the following:

1) Judgment...kinda dangerous on a boat.
2) heat retention...kinda bad if you fall overboard or need to make a MOB
rescue that requires getting wet.
3) Reflexes ....kinda dangerous if you have to get close during docking
4) Eyesight....see #1
5) Balance....dangerous for the sailor and anyone he might have to rescue.

Drinking and boating don't mix. It's not legal for obvious reasons. Driving a
car while drunk is also awful and selfish.
I'm shocked that you would even think of defending such a bad habit in an open
forum.

RB
Bobsprit

Those questions are all answered clearly and definitively by looking
at a proper chart.

In other words, you don't know.
As I thought.

RB
Scott Vernon

Updated results;

Sail with drunk Mooron ----- 479
Sail with sober bobspit ----- 2

Way to go bob!

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
Results so far;

Sail with drunk Mooron ----- 86
Sail with sober bobspit ----- 1

Keep voting folks!
(Bob, stop e-mailing me, you're only allowed one vote)

Scotty

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
mmmmmmmm? let's take a poll. Who would you rather sail with, a

drunken
Mooron, or a sober bobspit?
e-mail me your vote.

Scotty

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

Of course not... it's enjoyable and refreshing! Then again I know what

I'm
doing out there!

If you need alcohol to enjoy a sail and feel refreshed, you have an

even
deeper
problem.
You DON'T know what you're doing because you're operating a vessel

under
the
influence.

RB

Scott Vernon

I always try to dock from a great distance.

"Bobsprit" wrote

3) Reflexes ....kinda dangerous if you have to get close during docking

Scott Vernon

NO! if you're too frickin stupid to vote right then too bad. The vote
stays.

Scotty

"Donal" wrote in message

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
Results so far;

Sail with drunk Mooron ----- 86
Sail with sober bobspit ----- 1

Actually, I accidentally voted for Bob.

Could you adjust the figures to reflect this error?

Thanks!

Donal

Bobsprit

Updated results;

Sail with drunk Mooron ----- 479

That's more people than we have the groups! Whoo hoo!

RB
John Cairns

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
mmmmmmmm? let's take a poll. Who would you rather sail with, a drunken
Mooron, or a sober bobspit?
e-mail me your vote.

Scotty

I doubt if Moorom sails drunk, but claiming that a skipper has to be a
teetotaler while under way is ridiculous. Generally, we don't break out the
brews until after finish, but last Saturday during a period of light winds
the skipper relented and had cocktail hour, before the end of the race. One
more vote for Mooron.
John Cairns

Scott Vernon

results as of 1700;