Capt. Mooron

Default Congratulations, Bob.

He doesn't even know the variation has not completed a deviation table....
he uses the GPS.

CM

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
| Ya think if he took off his compass cover it would have helped?
|

| "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
|
| "Bobsprit" wrote in message
| | Radar, GPS and a clearly marked channel ... but you have to make
several
| | passes in case you might be wrong????
| |
| | Just following suggestions, Mooron, from sober sailors.
| | Tell you what, I'll bring home the cruising guide and copy what's
| written
| for
| | you.
|
| Great... I'd be happy to read where it says you should make several
passes
| before daring to enter the clearly marked harbour because your
| navigational
| expertise may be compared to a blind wombat on sedatives.
|
| | BTW, do you know what the entrance looks like at night?
|
| No.. but let's face it.. you claimed a mooring field and others who have
| been there remarked it was a busy harbour with clearly defined entry. I
| know
| enough to be able to identify a harbour at night.... painted on radar
and
| compare it to a chart to place myself within the GPS track to enter ...
| especially with a spot light to confirm the buoy numbers, shape and
| color...
| even drunk!
|
| Obviously this little exercise had you confused, confounded and
befuddled
| enough to require several passes! No wonder you dropped sail when
| approaching a marked channel in moderate breeze on a clear day! Oh
yeah..
| you're a whiz at this aren't you Bob!!
|
| Bwahahahahahahahahaaaaaa!!!!
|

| CM
| BTW: I'm hoping you're having as much fun with this as I am! ;-)

| |
| | RB

Bobsprit

Great... I'd be happy to read where it says you should make several passes
before daring to enter the clearly marked harbour

This is GONNA BE GREAT!!! I'll post this tomorrow!

RB
Bobsprit

marked channel in moderate breeze on a clear day! Oh yeah..
you're a whiz at this aren't you Bob!!

Thanks, we did very well and had a great time. Suzanne is getting a great grasp
of nav skills.
We do our sailing unhampered by the need for drugs.

RB
Bobsprit

There are several levels of drunk BobZ

The firsty defense of a person who's out of control is to claim they are on
"another level" or "have it under control."
Operating any kind of machine, boats, cars, planes, forklifts...while drinking?
Shame on you.
I'm twice the sailor you are. Three times the sailor if you can't stop.

RB
Bobsprit

I generally keep it
to sub-ballistic and I don't go to Invulnerable until the anchor is down.

I'm glad you're FAR away...and so are a lot of others. Most of the people won't
dare to speak the truth to you, but I will.
Drinking and sailing don't mix. You're a hazard and an accident waiting to
happen.

RB

Bobsprit

Really, Bob?

Why do you think that drinking and sailing such a bad thing?

Donal, you really shouldn't troll about this sort of thing. Operating a boat
while hampered by alchohol is not smart and you shouldn't support it, even to
make a "troll."

RB
Scott Vernon

Results so far;

Sail with drunk Mooron ----- 86
Sail with sober bobspit ----- 1

Keep voting folks!
(Bob, stop e-mailing me, you're only allowed one vote)

Scotty

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
mmmmmmmm? let's take a poll. Who would you rather sail with, a drunken
Mooron, or a sober bobspit?
e-mail me your vote.

Scotty

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

Of course not... it's enjoyable and refreshing! Then again I know what

I'm
doing out there!

If you need alcohol to enjoy a sail and feel refreshed, you have an even

deeper
problem.
You DON'T know what you're doing because you're operating a vessel under

the
influence.

RB

Capt. Mooron

So-o-o-o-o.... you don't have a reason???

CM

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
| Really, Bob?
|
| Why do you think that drinking and sailing such a bad thing?
|
| Donal, you really shouldn't troll about this sort of thing. Operating a
boat
| while hampered by alchohol is not smart and you shouldn't support it, even
| make a "troll."
|
| RB

Bobsprit

So-o-o-o-o.... you don't have a reason???

Sorry, Mooron. I don't fool around when it comes to drinking and operating ANY
vehicle. Making a joke out of it is really all you can do.

RB
Donal

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Really, Bob?

Why do you think that drinking and sailing such a bad thing?

Donal, you really shouldn't troll about this sort of thing. Operating a

boat
while hampered by alchohol is not smart and you shouldn't support it, even

make a "troll."

I'm not trolling, Bob.

I can see that alcohol is an issue when you are doing 70mph in very close
proximity with other vehicles. Fast reactions are very important.

Boats doing 6 kts with large distances between them is a completely
different matter.

Can you really not see the difference?

Regards

Donal