Donal

Default Congratulations, Bob.

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Donal,

How many times do you go the the hood of a car in motion? How many times
does a car heel at a thirty degree angle with you standing on the roof?
You do know you can slow a car down without reefing.

I've mentioned many times that I run a "dry ship". I never drink while I
am sailing. However, the main reason is that I want to avoid the temptation
to have a "second".

That does NOT mean that I want to see any laws on the subject. I'm also
quite happy to assume that the "other guy" is drunk in any passing
situation. I would prefer to see our sport remain free from regulation than
to subject myself to the possibility that the police can stop me at their
whim. Sailing *is* freedom. Let's keep it that way!

The British government recently tried to bring in "drink sailing" laws. In
the government white paper they admitted that not a *SINGLE* life would have
been saved over the last ten years, if drunken sailing had been illegal!!

Our liberty should only be restricted when there is an overwhelming benefit
to the common good.

Regards

Donal