Bobsprit

Default Still no one!

Couldn't muster a comeback, eh?

Still waiting to hear what boat you own...

RB
Bobsprit

Do yourself a favor and for ONE time in your life; Buy a Brand New Boat!

A friend of mine is a head lawyer for Time Warner/AOL. He makes enough money to
buy any sailboat, but he sails a Pearson 39. He says it's dumb to waste money
on a new boat. With most of my sailing local and short, why spend 100K or more
on a new boat?
I tend to agree with my friend. I sail my old boat for a small outlay of money.
The only "new" boat I'd consider would be a C&C 99 or 110, but I'd just as soon
find a used one where someone has already equipped the boat to some degree. It
not only makes sense, it also means you can spend more time sailing and less
time outfitting.
The C&C 34+ is hot on my list among a few others.

RB
Bobsprit

It's a 1986 C&C 27-5. You've seen pictures of it.

You know what, Billy?
Our boat (or my WIFE's if THAT helps!) is faster, bigger, in better shape,
better equipped, better sailed, sailed more often, worth more and so on.
After 1985 C&C started making occasional lemons....ask anyone who knows C&C.
Awful interior on the 27 as well. Don't feel to bad. My first boat was a puny
27 as well.
I see the 27 is rated around 180, still slower than my old Pearson 30. There
are a few of the newer 27s around here. They have a nice hull shape, but that
window is horrible! The overall effect is that it looks 24 or 25 feet LOA.
Wanna race, dopey??!!! I'll just use the genoa alone!

And...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

RB
SkitchNYC

A friend of mine is a head lawyer for Time Warner/AOL. He makes enough money
buy any sailboat, but he sails a Pearson 39.

Who is he? I know every lawyer at AOLTW and there are only several who could
afford to buy any sailboat.

And why would you take financial advice from a lawyer? Is he the one who told
you about the "tax profile"?
Capt. Mooron

For Gawd's sake Bob... don't race a C&C 27..... it's one of the fastest
boats I've raced against.

CM

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
| It's a 1986 C&C 27-5. You've seen pictures of it.
|
| You know what, Billy?
| Our boat (or my WIFE's if THAT helps!) is faster, bigger, in better shape,
| better equipped, better sailed, sailed more often, worth more and so on.
| After 1985 C&C started making occasional lemons....ask anyone who knows
C&C.
| Awful interior on the 27 as well. Don't feel to bad. My first boat was a
puny
| 27 as well.
| I see the 27 is rated around 180, still slower than my old Pearson 30.
There
| are a few of the newer 27s around here. They have a nice hull shape, but
that
| window is horrible! The overall effect is that it looks 24 or 25 feet LOA.
| Wanna race, dopey??!!! I'll just use the genoa alone!
|
| And...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!
|
| RB

Capt. Mooron

The gist I got was that you should mend you ways or take leave.

I have no opinion in the matter.... I believe in freedom of speech and this
as an arena to sharpen the pen without the encumbrance of anger........ but
if it were so.... would you???

CM

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

| Thom, are you saying that you want me to leave the group?

Bobsprit

Who is he? I know every lawyer at AOLTW and there are only several who could
afford to buy any sailboat.

If you knew them all, then you'd know this guy. He's a real sailor. He owned
the 39 and a Cal 29 before that.
He has TW execs out all of the time.
You know no one, bub. And you just proved it.

RB

Bobsprit

For Gawd's sake Bob... don't race a C&C 27..... it's one of the fastest
boats I've raced against.

Average rating here is 180. There's at least 2 over here and my Pearson 30
could pass them without too much trouble. They're quick for a 27 footer
compared to a Hunter 27. The S2 7.9 is faster. A Tartan 28 may be as well.
Here are the N. California ratings....

http://www.sailors.com/sfbay/racing/phrf-sf.html

Note that my C&C 32 is rated at 156. On the sound with it's light air, it's
rated at 165. Lowest rating I've found is 150.

RB

Donal

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

Note that my C&C 32 is rated at 156. On the sound with it's light air,

it's
rated at 165. Lowest rating I've found is 150.

You should have named her "Snail-ien".

I would suggest that you don't boast about your stepping stone's
performance, until you have a boat that performs.

Regards

Donal