Bobsprit

Default Still no one!

And still no one has detected the most obvious defect in the pic!!! I'm amazed
and dissapointed.

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/tuesday.jpg

RB
Bobsprit

Having the boat is anchored at both ends and the wind on the port beam makes
it it heel, but it isn't actually sailing.

Hoobily doobily doo?

RB
Bobsprit

There looks to be an
unused fairlead on the starboard side of the coach roof, near the fender.

More than one. The boom vang is removed.

RB
Bobsprit

Is the radar scan head counterbalanced so that it stays level?

Say what????

bwahahahahaha!

RB
Wally

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

Is the radar scan head counterbalanced so that it stays level?

Say what????

It would appear to be level with the horizon, which the boat isn't. If it
doesn't self-level, does that mean that the mountings are loose?

--
Wally
I demand rigidly-defined areas of uncertainty!

Bobsprit

It would appear to be level with the horizon, which the boat isn't. If it
doesn't self-level, does that mean that the mountings are loose?

It's a Questas self leveling hydrolic mount.

RB

Wally

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

The car for
the port jibsheet looks to be in the middle of the track, while the
starboard sheet looks to be coming down to the forward end of the track -
were you furling and unfurling with every tack/gybe?

Yup...but means nada. We were adjusting them before and after the pic.

Why?

--
Wally
I demand rigidly-defined areas of uncertainty!
www.art-gallery.myby.co.uk

Bobsprit

It's a Questas self leveling hydrolic mount.

I see.

Note that the mount is level when the boat is heeled. Works well. I spent some
time practicing reading the radar yesterday.

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/sailsuz21.jpg

RB
Wally

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

Yup...but means nada. We were adjusting them before and after the pic.

Why?

Because we're sailing.

I thought the adjustment of the jibsheet fairleads was to account for the
size of the jib (to get the pull balanced between the foot and leech). If
you had the foresail furled to 120, shouldn't you have the cars set to an
appropriate position along both tracks and leave them there until you
furl/unfurl?