Default Some Put-In-Bay Pics

On Aug 2, 7:30*pm, hk wrote:
wrote:
On Aug 2, 7:25 pm, hk wrote:
wrote:
On Aug 2, 7:14 pm, Vic Smith wrote:
On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 18:58:53 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:
*Remembering some advice that a pro told me once, I suggested
that she stop trying to get the *perfect* shot, and just take a gazillion of
them, as fast as the camera would process the previous.
I think you get much more interesting and natural pictures that way,
particularly portraits, and they don't have that "posed" look.
Digital makes that more practical now. *It was much more expensive
with film. *I know (-:
But I took the middle ground, maybe shooting 3 more times than the
average amateur, and those 2nd or 3rd shots were usually the keepers..
--Vic
I do get a kick out of you guys talking to wafa about something post
after post he proves he knows nothing about.. But do go on, it's funny
to watch him change feet..
Well, let's start a discussion about something you know nothing
about...the construction of quality wood boats.- Hide quoted text -

Sure, I will put my skills against yours any day:
http://trip-reports.com/coppermine/t...ls.php?album=9
have at it...

Please...I have no interest in little stitch and glue plywood skiffs.- Hide quoted text -

Dance, fat man........

On Aug 2, 4:43*pm, hk wrote:
D.Duck wrote:
"Eisboch" wrote in message
"Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq." wrote
in ...

Thanks, my wife has always been creative, but until you and a few others
talked me into buying my wife a D50 for her birthday, I never had any
desire or artistic leaning. *My wife does it naturally, I have to work at
it.

Mrs.E. *likes portraits. *Horses, grandkids .... anything with a face.

With apologies to Harry on the subject matter ..... (another of my number
3 granddaughter, 3 year old "Sophie"), *this copy is actually a Photoshop
captured image of Mrs.E.'s computer desktop wallpaper. * *I couldn't find
the original file from which this was made.

Anyway, *it's not altered or color enhanced or anything. *Her eyes are
actually that color. * This is one of my favorite pictures of her.

Taken, BTW, by the D70 that Mrs.E. bought from Harry.

http://www.eisboch.com/sophieoncellphone.jpg

Eisboch

No need to Photoshop that one. *And the subject doesn't hurt either.

There's no need to "photoshop" most photos, if you spend some time
setting up a digital camera properly and spend even more time in
composition and light evaluation. And by photoshop, I don't mean minor
corrections for exposure, I mean the oh-so-obvious attempts to "improve"
on what the eye sees. Most "art" photos that have been photoshopped that
way are so obvious, they are cliches.

If you want to be a surrealist or impressionist, get some paint and
brushes.- Hide quoted text -

Do you realize that even in the days of film cameras, editing was done
via darkroom techniques?
Senior Member

On Aug 3, 5:22*am, "Eisboch" wrote:
"Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq." wrote
in messagenews:PpCdndQWfqptiAjVnZ2dnUVZ_rvinZ2d@comca st.com...

What I liked most about this photo is it seemed to capture her
personality, a little girl who is very expressive, animated and loves to
show off.

You picked up on what I think Mrs.E's. *photo taking talent is, considering
she has no training. * *The mechanics may be off ... meaning lighting,
composition, etc., but she has a natural gift for taking pictures that
captures the essence of the subject. *Very few of her portrait pictures seem
posed.

Eisboch

I try not to make my pics look posed. Sometimes when I am taking pics
of family I will have them slowly move around and just keep shooting
until I get some I like. Then again, some don't need any coaching to
tell a story.
http://trip-reports.com/coppermine/d...?album=8&pos=6

And any of you photo guys want to take a crack at cleaning this one
up? Go for it..
http://trip-reports.com/coppermine/d...lbum=10&pos=16
I don't see well so I can't tell if it's sharp enough to work with,
but I like it..

And as usual, any of you who wanted to use trip-reports for your own
photos feel free to ask. No ads, and you can password protect your
area for family and friends only if you wish..

trip-reports.com where did you go today?
Scotty. Team Rowdy Mouse "Banned from the Mall for life"

Scotty

On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 05:22:12 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq." wrote
in message . ..

What I liked most about this photo is it seemed to capture her
personality, a little girl who is very expressive, animated and loves to
show off.

You picked up on what I think Mrs.E's. photo taking talent is,
considering
she has no training. The mechanics may be off ... meaning lighting,
composition, etc., but she has a natural gift for taking pictures that
captures the essence of the subject. Very few of her portrait pictures
seem
posed.

My youngest has a friend who picked up a Canon something or other DSLR
- she's in med school and eventually wants to get into psychiatry -
figured she could do candids and interviews - take pictures.

From day one she took unbelievable candid portraits.

Never been able to figure it out. Some folks have the eye, some don't
I guess.

My daughter is that way. When in high school, she had best in class at the
local county fair and went on to an honorable mention at the Calif. State
Fair. But both girls are very artistic.

On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 08:02:51 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I try not to make my pics look posed. Sometimes when I am taking pics
of family I will have them slowly move around and just keep shooting
until I get some I like. Then again, some don't need any coaching to
tell a story.
http://trip-reports.com/coppermine/d...?album=8&pos=6

Nice one. The champ doesn't need touching up.
Those crappies are really nice.
Do you fillet them or just gut and fry?

--Vic

On Aug 2, 9:25*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
"JimH" wrote in message

On Aug 2, 6:50 pm, "Eisboch" wrote:

"hk" wrote in message

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
m...

So, was it?

Eisboch

Nope. No need to improve on nature.

Sometimes nature screws up. Reflecting on the high school glamour shot,
here's what I really look like now, in my mind's eye.

http://www.eisboch.com/ec.jpg

Eisboch

Do you sound like that, too, in your mind's ear?

Of course. Just ask me. Or Sam. He's the extent of my groupie following..

Eisboch

I would add JohnH and Reggie to that list. *;-)

May I ask why you had to make that comment?

Have they ever challenged you on anything? They are your groupies.

We've all been enjoying reasonably pleasant exchanges this evening on a
subject of apparent common interest to many.
No politics. *No serious bashing or flaming.

Until you came along.

Eisboch

I guess I should have thrown a similar hissy fit when my thread about
Put-In-Bay was thrown OT.......but I didn't.

Chill.

wrote:

I try not to make my pics look posed. Sometimes when I am taking pics
of family I will have them slowly move around and just keep shooting
until I get some I like. Then again, some don't need any coaching to
tell a story.
http://trip-reports.com/coppermine/d...?album=8&pos=6

Nice one. The champ doesn't need touching up.
Those crappies are really nice.
Do you fillet them or just gut and fry?

--Vic

Crappies? I doooon't think so.

Come on Vic, you're a good Midwestern boy, you should be able to ID a
crappie.

Default My apologies

wrote:

I try not to make my pics look posed. Sometimes when I am taking pics
of family I will have them slowly move around and just keep shooting
until I get some I like. Then again, some don't need any coaching to
tell a story.
http://trip-reports.com/coppermine/d...?album=8&pos=6

Nice one. The champ doesn't need touching up.
Those crappies are really nice.
Do you fillet them or just gut and fry?

--Vic

I was looking at the wrong picture. I knew you can tell a crappie.

On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 17:56:10 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I try not to make my pics look posed. Sometimes when I am taking pics
of family I will have them slowly move around and just keep shooting
until I get some I like. Then again, some don't need any coaching to
tell a story.
http://trip-reports.com/coppermine/d...?album=8&pos=6

Nice one. The champ doesn't need touching up.
Those crappies are really nice.
Do you fillet them or just gut and fry?

--Vic

Crappies? I doooon't think so.

Come on Vic, you're a good Midwestern boy, you should be able to ID a
crappie.

Not talking about what the happy girl is holding. Look at what the
guys got. Sorry I wasn't clear on that.

--Vic

On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 17:58:22 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I try not to make my pics look posed. Sometimes when I am taking pics
of family I will have them slowly move around and just keep shooting
until I get some I like. Then again, some don't need any coaching to
tell a story.
http://trip-reports.com/coppermine/d...?album=8&pos=6

Nice one. The champ doesn't need touching up.
Those crappies are really nice.
Do you fillet them or just gut and fry?

--Vic

I was looking at the wrong picture. I knew you can tell a crappie.

Never took it bad. Besides, since I'm a fisherman, I can be expected
to lie sometimes, so stay on your toes. (-:

--Vic

Mac Pics John Cairns ASA 0 July 28th 07 03:04 AM
More Pics!!! Capt. Rob ASA 4 October 25th 05 06:12 AM
New Pics! Seahag ASA 22 December 8th 04 09:31 PM
New pics John Cairns ASA 14 March 30th 04 04:46 AM
New Lamorinda Skate Park Pics. Moraga,Ca Pics. Skate Park Moraga Ca 94556 Whitewater 0 January 12th 04 03:05 AM