John Cairns

Default New pics

Interesting sail, had the usual equipment malfunctions and mishaps,
including, no running lights or masthead, ripped main, non-functioning
electric windlass, solid vang separated from the boom, numerous leaks, panel
blown out of enclosure(starboard side), numerous leaks, grounding(soft
bottom, thank god), a lift bridge that wouldn't open(2 hours), a band that
played at full volume 'till 3 a.m.at our only anchorage, at least one almost
completely useless and extremely obnoxious crew member,and lastly, a ticket
from the marine police in Lauderdale.OTOH, we had some incredible sailing, a
lot of laughs, and everyone made it back in one piece. Will post more pics
ASAP.
http://community.webshots.com/album/129572627BLfVvi

John Cairns

Brien Alkire

Sounds awful and that's a nasty looking sea! I'd be interested in seeing
more.

Remind me, where'd you go?

"John Cairns" wrote in message
news
[...]

katysails

So who did you charter this wreck from so none of us ever does the same?
Thise are some steep waves there...what were the wind conditions? Wyd' you
take an obnoxious person with you? I didn't know you knew Bobspit that
well....

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

otnmbrd

John Cairns wrote:
Interesting sail, had the usual equipment malfunctions and mishaps,
including, no running lights or masthead, ripped main, non-functioning
electric windlass, solid vang separated from the boom, numerous leaks, panel
blown out of enclosure(starboard side), numerous leaks, grounding(soft
bottom, thank god), a lift bridge that wouldn't open(2 hours), a band that
played at full volume 'till 3 a.m.at our only anchorage, at least one almost
completely useless and extremely obnoxious crew member,

We all could have told you not to bring Jax along.......

and lastly, a ticket
from the marine police in Lauderdale.OTOH, we had some incredible sailing, a
lot of laughs, and everyone made it back in one piece. Will post more pics
ASAP.
http://community.webshots.com/album/129572627BLfVvi

John Cairns

John Cairns

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
That's your ''usual'' amount of equipment malfunctions? Sheesh!

What kind of music were they playing?

SV

I would say so, but not on Lake Erie. The music was Cuban, I guess. We were
anchored off a restaurant on Biscayne Bay called the "Rusty Pelican". I woke
up some time during the night thinking I was having a weird dream, someone
babbling Spanish through the forward hatch, which was wide open.I fell back
asleep almost immediately, in the morning I was asked if the music kept me
awake, which it didn't. I can remember waking up and wanting to shout out
shut up through the hatch, but I couldn't be bothered. The only equipment
that "malfunctioned" was the windlass and the lights, everything else broke.
John Cairns

John Cairns

"Brien Alkire" wrote in message
Sounds awful and that's a nasty looking sea! I'd be interested in seeing
more.

Remind me, where'd you go?

Lauderdale to San Salvador, with a one day detour to Miami at the start.
John Cairns

John Cairns

"katysails" wrote in message
So who did you charter this wreck from so none of us ever does the same?
Thise are some steep waves there...what were the wind conditions? Wyd' you
take an obnoxious person with you? I didn't know you knew Bobspit that
well....

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

Wasn't a charter, a very seaworthy boat actually, though the leaks
definitely need to be fixed, as well as the other bits. We were supposed to
sail with a new main but it didn't arrive before departure. The obnoxious
crewmember definitely reminded me of BS, even the skipper told her to shut
up at one point.
John Cairns

John Cairns

"Seahag" wrote in message
Kewl Dude...sounds like you had FUN!!!!!

Seahag

Excepting for the better part of the afternoon trying to keep the boat under
control with the staysail and motor it was fun. It was especially fun at
night when you couldn't see a bloody thing and probably were better off for
it. Instead of shouting "hold on" you could just say "that was a big one".
John Cairns

Welding our trailer - pics Gary Warner General 12 January 25th 04 08:20 AM
New Lamorinda Skate Park Pics. Moraga,Ca Pics. Skate Park Moraga Ca 94556 Whitewater 0 January 12th 04 03:05 AM
TRUCKEE,CA DONNER LAKE 12-03 PICS. @ webshots TRUCKEE_DONNER_LAKE General 0 December 19th 03 06:34 AM
Storm Pic's sv \Sensoria\ ASA 4 October 1st 03 03:33 AM
pics of alternative roof rack Jo Wicker General 5 August 22nd 03 12:37 PM