Default Some Put-In-Bay Pics

Some pics from the 3 days we spent on Put-In-Bay/South Bass Island:

These 3 are pics of the main drag on the Island:
http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/811/dsc00215zk3.jpg
http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/384/dsc00216hb9.jpg
http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc00217hb9.jpg

Perry's Monument:
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8048/dsc00268gm7.jpg

Sunset the first evening on the Island:
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/1800/dsc00260jd7.jpg

New Entrance Sign for the Boardwalk (eateries)
http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/822/dsc00291om2.jpg

Although it was a weekday, they were still rafting 3-4 across at the
public dock:
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/5034/dsc00294go6.jpg

There was a major accident over the weekend (Saturday night) involving
a 28 some foot boat and the transom being taken out and sinking. My
friend took a picture of it and I will post it once he returns from
the Island and send it to me.
HK HK is offline

JimH wrote:
[...]

I love the little sign that says "912 miles to Annapolis."

When you say "transom...taken out," do you mean someone crashed into the
transom of another boat and destroyed it?

On Aug 1, 5:10*pm, hk wrote:
JimH wrote:
[...]

I don't know if the boat backed into another boat or just the
opposite.

The weekends on the Island are crazy. Unless you belong to the Crews
Nest (a private marina during the weekends but open to the public
during the week) you are generally stuck with the public dock or
moorings. It is not uncommon to see rafting 5-6 boats deep at the
public docks. Folks have their canvas and upholstery ruining by
aholes walking across their swim platform to get to the
dock........flicking cigarettes into the boats and not thinking
anything of it. A bunch of drunks.

When we had our larger boats we always preferred weekday dockage at
the Crews Nest (http://www.thecrewsnest.com/) or the mooring buoys off
the public marina.

These 3 are pics of the main drag on the Island:http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/8...sc00217hb9.jpg

Perry's Monument:http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8048/dsc00268gm7.jpg

Sunset the first evening on the Island:http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/1800/dsc00260jd7.jpg

New Entrance Sign for the Boardwalk (eateries)http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/822/dsc00291om2.jpg

Although it was a weekday, they were still rafting 3-4 across at the
public dock:http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/5034/dsc00294go6.jpg

There was a major accident over the weekend (Saturday night) involving
a 28 some foot boat and the transom being taken out and sinking. *My
friend took a picture of it and I will post it once he returns from
the Island and send it to me.

Another favorite:

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/9651/dsc00203wo6.jpg

HK HK is offline

JimH wrote:
On Aug 1, 5:02 pm, JimH wrote:
[...]

What typically is caught off that pier? Nice shot, by the way. Maybe
Reggie could cock it up in photoshop?

These 3 are pics of the main drag on the Island:http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/8...ttp://img392.i...

Perry's Monument:http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8048/dsc00268gm7.jpg

Sunset the first evening on the Island:http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/1800/dsc00260jd7.jpg

New Entrance Sign for the Boardwalk (eateries)http://img399.imageshack..us/img399/822/dsc00291om2.jpg

Although it was a weekday, they were still rafting 3-4 across at the
public dock:http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/5034/dsc00294go6.jpg

There was a major accident over the weekend (Saturday night) involving
a 28 some foot boat and the transom being taken out and sinking. *My
friend took a picture of it and I will post it once he returns from
the Island and send it to me.

Another favorite:

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/9651/dsc00203wo6.jpg

What typically is caught off that pier? Nice shot, by the way. Maybe
Reggie could cock it up in photoshop?

I caught only white bass when pier fishing off the island but that was
over 2 decades ago.

We did not do any fishing during this vacation.

The fish in the general island area include yellow perch, walleye,
small mouth bass, white bass and sheephead,

On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 18:36:39 -0400, hk wrote:

JimH wrote:
On Aug 1, 5:02 pm, JimH wrote:
[...]

Only a dip**** would screw up such a nice thread.

Eh?

JimH wrote:
On Aug 1, 5:02 pm, JimH wrote:
[...]

Another boating related thread gone down the hill. Thanks John.

To others.......please ignore the troll and carry on enjoying the
pictures. ;-)

JimH wrote:
[...]

Nice photos that capture PIB. I guess the price of gas didn't keep the
boat away.
I have never enjoyed rafting up and having strangers walk across our
boat after spending a night on the town. When I was in Put-In-Bay we
have a mooring buoy, and it never took more than 5 minutes for the water
taxi to pick us up, but I think we were there on a weekday.

Mac Pics John Cairns ASA 0 July 28th 07 03:04 AM
More Pics!!! Capt. Rob ASA 4 October 25th 05 06:12 AM
New Pics! Seahag ASA 22 December 8th 04 09:31 PM
New pics John Cairns ASA 14 March 30th 04 04:46 AM
New Lamorinda Skate Park Pics. Moraga,Ca Pics. Skate Park Moraga Ca 94556 Whitewater 0 January 12th 04 03:05 AM