Default Some Put-In-Bay Pics

You know - sometimes I have to really wonder about you.

That is so freakin' wrong in this digital age, it's down right scary.

Photoshop is the digital age's dark room. That's a fact

harry's photos are perfect so he has no need for photoshop. You *must* know
that by now. ;-)

--Mike

On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 17:32:51 -0400, hk wrote:

D.Duck wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
D.Duck wrote:
"Eisboch" wrote in message
"Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq."
wrote in message ...

Thanks, my wife has always been creative, but until you and a few
others talked me into buying my wife a D50 for her birthday, I never
had any desire or artistic leaning. My wife does it naturally, I
have
to work at it.

Mrs.E. likes portraits. Horses, grandkids .... anything with a
face.

With apologies to Harry on the subject matter ..... (another of my
number 3 granddaughter, 3 year old "Sophie"), this copy is actually
Photoshop captured image of Mrs.E.'s computer desktop wallpaper. I
couldn't find the original file from which this was made.

Anyway, it's not altered or color enhanced or anything. Her eyes
are
actually that color. This is one of my favorite pictures of her.

Taken, BTW, by the D70 that Mrs.E. bought from Harry.

http://www.eisboch.com/sophieoncellphone.jpg

Eisboch
No need to Photoshop that one. And the subject doesn't hurt either.

There's no need to "photoshop" most photos, if you spend some time
setting
up a digital camera properly and spend even more time in composition
and
light evaluation. And by photoshop, I don't mean minor corrections for
exposure, I mean the oh-so-obvious attempts to "improve" on what the
eye
sees. Most "art" photos that have been photoshopped that way are so
obvious, they are cliches.

If you want to be a surrealist or impressionist, get some paint and
brushes.

Probably more pro photographers using Photoshop than you care to admit.
And
not just for "surreal" effects.

You're being too literal. I didn't say pros didn't use photoshop. I said
they typically used it make minor corrections, just as they would do in
a darkroom with prints made from color negs, or in working with an AD to
correct progressive proofs. I'm also not saying some pros don't use
photoshop and other such programs to produce wild-looking photos. The
difference is, they know how to take very good photos without having to
resort to photoshop to produce "art."

You know - sometimes I have to really wonder about you.

That is so freakin' wrong in this digital age, it's down right scary.

Photoshop is the digital age's dark room. That's a fact.

HK HK is offline

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 17:32:51 -0400, hk wrote:

D.Duck wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
D.Duck wrote:
"Eisboch" wrote in message
"Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq."
wrote in message ...

Thanks, my wife has always been creative, but until you and a few
others talked me into buying my wife a D50 for her birthday, I never
had any desire or artistic leaning. My wife does it naturally, I have
to work at it.

Mrs.E. likes portraits. Horses, grandkids .... anything with a face.

With apologies to Harry on the subject matter ..... (another of my
number 3 granddaughter, 3 year old "Sophie"), this copy is actually a
[...]

I suppose it is for photographers not interested in life as it is, or
for photographers whose composition and exposure skills are minimal.

I like life as it is. I like to take photos that look as close to what I
saw as possible.

My father in law called today. He's coming up this way again on his
annual "rail" vacation, so I took a look at some of the photos I took
when he and his wife were last here. The photos reminded me of the fun
we had on that trip. That's why I took them.

I suppose I could have made the water blue, the skies bluer, the trees
greener, et cetera, but...my mind would have told me "that's not the way
it was."

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...aneous/003.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...aneous/005.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...aneous/011.jpg

I never wore love beads and I never went to San Francisco to wear
flowers in my hair. On the other hand, I am a big fan of Salvador Dali.
But, then, he could draw and paint, and his craft was obvious in his
work. It wasn't strained or contrived.

Like this:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...na-fishing.jpg

Dali's Tuna Fishing

"hk" wrote in message

I suppose it is for photographers not interested in life as it is, or for
photographers whose composition and exposure skills are minimal.

I like life as it is. I like to take photos that look as close to what I
saw as possible.

We recently came across an old, forgotten box of family photos. One was my
high school graduation "glamour" shot ..... you know, the ones that were
airbrushed back at the studio to remove a few pimples, add a tinge of ruddy
red to the cheeks and enhance the color of the eyes.

In my case, I am kinda glad the photographer didn't simply reproduce what he
saw. It wasn't pretty.

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

I suppose it is for photographers not interested in life as it is, or for
photographers whose composition and exposure skills are minimal.

I like life as it is. I like to take photos that look as close to what I
saw as possible.

We recently came across an old, forgotten box of family photos. One was my
high school graduation "glamour" shot ..... you know, the ones that were
airbrushed back at the studio to remove a few pimples, add a tinge of ruddy
red to the cheeks and enhance the color of the eyes.

In my case, I am kinda glad the photographer didn't simply reproduce what he
saw. It wasn't pretty.

Eisboch

Did you have a flattop?

Here's a photo of someone's 14-year-old granddaughter.
Do you think it has been photoshopped?

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...eous/diana.jpg

"hk" wrote in message
. ..
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

I suppose it is for photographers not interested in life as it is, or
for photographers whose composition and exposure skills are minimal.

I like life as it is. I like to take photos that look as close to what I
saw as possible.

We recently came across an old, forgotten box of family photos. One was
my high school graduation "glamour" shot ..... you know, the ones that
were airbrushed back at the studio to remove a few pimples, add a tinge
of ruddy red to the cheeks and enhance the color of the eyes.

In my case, I am kinda glad the photographer didn't simply reproduce what
he saw. It wasn't pretty.

Eisboch

Did you have a flattop?

Here's a photo of someone's 14-year-old granddaughter.
Do you think it has been photoshopped?

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...eous/diana.jpg

I don't think so. But, I don't have much of an eye for these things. I
zoomed in on the obvious .... her eyes .... but the image just gets
pixilated and I can't tell.

Pretty girl, though.

So, was it?

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
[...]

Nope. No need to improve on nature.

hk wrote:

My father in law called today. He's coming up this way again on his
annual "rail" vacation, so I took a look at some of the photos I took
when he and his wife were last here. The photos reminded me of the fun
we had on that trip. That's why I took them.

I suppose I could have made the water blue, the skies bluer, the trees
greener, et cetera, but...my mind would have told me "that's not the way
it was."

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...aneous/003.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...aneous/005.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...aneous/011.jpg

I think I can understand why you didn't like my photos. I would not
have bothered to take the first two from those angle, and on the 3rd
photo, I would have come back when the light was much lower in the sky.
You talk about composing in the camera, I can't figure out why you
left the grass in at the bottom of the photo, I think your subject was
the boats. They are nice photos for you to look at to remember your
trip, but trust me on this, I don't think anyone else would want to look
a t them.

"hk" wrote in message
. ..

So, was it?

Eisboch

Nope. No need to improve on nature.

Sometimes nature screws up. Reflecting on the high school glamour shot,
here's what I really look like now, in my mind's eye.

http://www.eisboch.com/ec.jpg

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..

So, was it?

Eisboch

Nope. No need to improve on nature.

Sometimes nature screws up. Reflecting on the high school glamour shot,
here's what I really look like now, in my mind's eye.

http://www.eisboch.com/ec.jpg

Eisboch

Do you sound like that, too, in your mind's ear?

Mac Pics John Cairns ASA 0 July 28th 07 03:04 AM
More Pics!!! Capt. Rob ASA 4 October 25th 05 06:12 AM
New Pics! Seahag ASA 22 December 8th 04 09:31 PM
New pics John Cairns ASA 14 March 30th 04 04:46 AM
New Lamorinda Skate Park Pics. Moraga,Ca Pics. Skate Park Moraga Ca 94556 Whitewater 0 January 12th 04 03:05 AM