Mike[_6_] Mike[_6_] is offline

Default Some Put-In-Bay Pics

You know - sometimes I have to really wonder about you.

That is so freakin' wrong in this digital age, it's down right scary.

Photoshop is the digital age's dark room. That's a fact

harry's photos are perfect so he has no need for photoshop. You *must* know
that by now. ;-)

--Mike

On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 17:32:51 -0400, hk wrote:

D.Duck wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
D.Duck wrote:
"Eisboch" wrote in message
"Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq."
wrote in message ...

Thanks, my wife has always been creative, but until you and a few
others talked me into buying my wife a D50 for her birthday, I never
had any desire or artistic leaning. My wife does it naturally, I
have
to work at it.

Mrs.E. likes portraits. Horses, grandkids .... anything with a
face.

With apologies to Harry on the subject matter ..... (another of my
number 3 granddaughter, 3 year old "Sophie"), this copy is actually
Photoshop captured image of Mrs.E.'s computer desktop wallpaper. I
couldn't find the original file from which this was made.

Anyway, it's not altered or color enhanced or anything. Her eyes
are
actually that color. This is one of my favorite pictures of her.

Taken, BTW, by the D70 that Mrs.E. bought from Harry.

http://www.eisboch.com/sophieoncellphone.jpg

Eisboch
No need to Photoshop that one. And the subject doesn't hurt either.

There's no need to "photoshop" most photos, if you spend some time
setting
up a digital camera properly and spend even more time in composition
and
light evaluation. And by photoshop, I don't mean minor corrections for
exposure, I mean the oh-so-obvious attempts to "improve" on what the
eye
sees. Most "art" photos that have been photoshopped that way are so
obvious, they are cliches.

If you want to be a surrealist or impressionist, get some paint and
brushes.

Probably more pro photographers using Photoshop than you care to admit.
And
not just for "surreal" effects.

You're being too literal. I didn't say pros didn't use photoshop. I said
they typically used it make minor corrections, just as they would do in
a darkroom with prints made from color negs, or in working with an AD to
correct progressive proofs. I'm also not saying some pros don't use
photoshop and other such programs to produce wild-looking photos. The
difference is, they know how to take very good photos without having to
resort to photoshop to produce "art."