HK HK is offline

Default Some Put-In-Bay Pics

Tim wrote:
On Aug 5, 8:54 pm, "D.Duck" wrote:
"DK" wrote in message

D.Duck wrote:
"DK" wrote in message
On Aug 3, 7:41 pm, "D.Duck" wrote:
wrote in message
On Aug 3, 6:46 pm, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 17:56:10 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:
"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 08:02:51 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:
I try not to make my pics look posed. Sometimes when I am taking
pics
of family I will have them slowly move around and just keep
shooting
until I get some I like. Then again, some don't need any coaching
tell a story.
http://trip-reports.com/coppermine/d...?album=8&pos=6
Nice one. The champ doesn't need touching up.
Those crappies are really nice.
Do you fillet them or just gut and fry?
--Vic
Crappies? I doooon't think so.
Come on Vic, you're a good Midwestern boy, you should be able to ID
crappie.
Piffle - smallish.
That' my bud Jimi there with the one fish. He loves chasing the
Calico, he wants to break the state record. He has come within ounces
a couple of times.
Actually I think those are Crappie not Calico Bass. Or, maybe Calico
is
local name for what is actually a Crappie. Here in Florida the
Crappies are
referred to as specs. I have caught Crappies in one place I fish down
here
close to three pounds. Lots of fun and great eating.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crappie
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelp_Bass
Hey Scott - is tht an old Halicrafters shortwave receiver in the
background?
Nope, just an old beater am/fm amp...- Hide quoted text -
Yeah, that is a local name for the black crappie.. We call them Calico
Bass. I understand there is a big Calico Bass they catch on the west
coast, in salt water too.. They are some of the best eating fish you
will ever have in my and many other opinions..
Years ago, nice perch would top crappie but they are hard to find.
Walleye is at the top of the list right under Crappie IMO.
Walleyes are in the perch family.
Sure, and rabbits are rodents - like a mouse. Apples and oranges. It's
walleye, btw - plural and singular. Both of those perch are good food!

Please excuse my use of a misplaced s. I'll try to do better in the future.

BTW. Are you the new spell checker in this group? I thought that job was
already taken. 8)- Hide quoted text -

Eh dont' worry about it. My spelling and punctuation is really rottena
nd I think everybody is used to it by now.

The plural of walleye is walleyes.
HK HK is offline

hk wrote:
Tim wrote:
On Aug 5, 8:54 pm, "D.Duck" wrote:
"DK" wrote in message

D.Duck wrote:
"DK" wrote in message

wrote:
[...]

http://www.walleyesunlimitedusa.org/

One of many references that have "walleyes" as the plural of walleye.

hk wrote:
hk wrote:
Tim wrote:
On Aug 5, 8:54 pm, "D.Duck" wrote:
"DK" wrote in message

D.Duck wrote:
"DK" wrote in message

wrote:
[...]

That a way, you caught someone else making a spelling error. Keep up
the good work. Every NG needs a spell checker.
DK DK is offline

D.Duck wrote:
"DK" wrote in message
D.Duck wrote:
"DK" wrote in message

wrote:
[...]

Actually it wasn't a spelling test as much as the difference between a
walleye and a perch.

"DK" wrote in message
D.Duck wrote:
"DK" wrote in message
D.Duck wrote:
"DK" wrote in message

wrote:
I try not to make my pics look posed. Sometimes when I am taking
pics
of family I will have them slowly move around and just keep
shooting
until I get some I like. Then again, some don't need any
coaching to
tell a story.
http://trip-reports.com/coppermine/d...?album=8&pos=6
Nice one. The champ doesn't need touching up.
Those crappies are really nice.
Do you fillet them or just gut and fry?
--Vic
Crappies? I doooon't think so.
Come on Vic, you're a good Midwestern boy, you should be able to
ID a
[...]

Glad to hear that you now agree they are from the same family. 8)

DK DK is offline

D.Duck wrote:
"DK" wrote in message
D.Duck wrote:
"DK" wrote in message
D.Duck wrote:
"DK" wrote in message

wrote:
[...]

Sure. Like I said - rabbits and rats.

On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 14:10:58 -0700 (PDT), JimH wrote:

On Aug 2, 9:25*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
"JimH" wrote in message

On Aug 2, 6:50 pm, "Eisboch" wrote:

"hk" wrote in message

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
m...

So, was it?

Eisboch

Nope. No need to improve on nature.

Sometimes nature screws up. Reflecting on the high school glamour shot,
here's what I really look like now, in my mind's eye.

http://www.eisboch.com/ec.jpg

Eisboch

Do you sound like that, too, in your mind's ear?

Of course. Just ask me. Or Sam. He's the extent of my groupie following.

Eisboch

I would add JohnH and Reggie to that list. *;-)

May I ask why you had to make that comment?

Have they ever challenged you on anything? They are your groupies.

We've all been enjoying reasonably pleasant exchanges this evening on a
subject of apparent common interest to many.
No politics. *No serious bashing or flaming.

Until you came along.

Eisboch

I guess I should have thrown a similar hissy fit when my thread about
Put-In-Bay was thrown OT.......but I didn't.

Chill.

You mean when Harry made the comment about Reggie? That was a damn shame
for him to ruin that thread.

Mac Pics John Cairns ASA 0 July 28th 07 03:04 AM
More Pics!!! Capt. Rob ASA 4 October 25th 05 06:12 AM
New Pics! Seahag ASA 22 December 8th 04 09:31 PM
New pics John Cairns ASA 14 March 30th 04 04:46 AM
New Lamorinda Skate Park Pics. Moraga,Ca Pics. Skate Park Moraga Ca 94556 Whitewater 0 January 12th 04 03:05 AM