Default Some Put-In-Bay Pics

On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 17:56:10 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 08:02:51 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I try not to make my pics look posed. Sometimes when I am taking pics
of family I will have them slowly move around and just keep shooting
until I get some I like. Then again, some don't need any coaching to
tell a story.
http://trip-reports.com/coppermine/d...?album=8&pos=6

Nice one. The champ doesn't need touching up.
Those crappies are really nice.
Do you fillet them or just gut and fry?

--Vic

Crappies? I doooon't think so.

Come on Vic, you're a good Midwestern boy, you should be able to ID a
crappie.

Piffle - smallish.

Hey Scott - is tht an old Halicrafters shortwave receiver in the
background?

Default My apologies

On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 17:58:22 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I try not to make my pics look posed. Sometimes when I am taking pics
of family I will have them slowly move around and just keep shooting
until I get some I like. Then again, some don't need any coaching to
tell a story.
http://trip-reports.com/coppermine/d...?album=8&pos=6

Nice one. The champ doesn't need touching up.
Those crappies are really nice.
Do you fillet them or just gut and fry?

--Vic

I was looking at the wrong picture. I knew you can tell a crappie.

Well, I don't blame you - I couldn't tell the difference between the
crappie and the guy holding them up. :)

On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 17:58:22 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

. ..
wrote:

I try not to make my pics look posed. Sometimes when I am taking pics
of family I will have them slowly move around and just keep shooting
until I get some I like. Then again, some don't need any coaching to
tell a story.
http://trip-reports.com/coppermine/d...?album=8&pos=6

Nice one. The champ doesn't need touching up.
Those crappies are really nice.
Do you fillet them or just gut and fry?

--Vic

I was looking at the wrong picture. I knew you can tell a crappie.

Well, I don't blame you - I couldn't tell the difference between the
crappie and the guy holding them up. :)

Crappie smells better. 80

Senior Member

wrote:

I try not to make my pics look posed. Sometimes when I am taking pics
of family I will have them slowly move around and just keep shooting
until I get some I like. Then again, some don't need any coaching to
tell a story.
http://trip-reports.com/coppermine/d...?album=8&pos=6

Nice one. * The champ doesn't need touching up.
Those crappies are really nice.
Do you fillet them or just gut and fry?

--Vic

We fillet them, then batter fry em'.
Senior Member

On Aug 3, 6:52*pm, "D.Duck" wrote:
"Short Wave Sportfishing" wrote in messagenews:0gdc949g9auu9ms8lu62ku436qajphkgvq@4ax .com...

On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 17:58:22 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

. ..
wrote:

I try not to make my pics look posed. Sometimes when I am taking pics
of family I will have them slowly move around and just keep shooting
until I get some I like. Then again, some don't need any coaching to
tell a story.
http://trip-reports.com/coppermine/d...?album=8&pos=6

Nice one. * The champ doesn't need touching up.
Those crappies are really nice.
Do you fillet them or just gut and fry?

--Vic

I was looking at the wrong picture. *I knew you can tell a crappie.

Well, I don't blame you - I couldn't tell the difference between the
crappie and the guy holding them up. *:)

Crappie smells better. *80- Hide quoted text -

OUch, sounds like you guys had fun while I was out at the track today

Senior Member

On Aug 3, 6:46*pm, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 17:56:10 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I try not to make my pics look posed. Sometimes when I am taking pics
of family I will have them slowly move around and just keep shooting
until I get some I like. Then again, some don't need any coaching to
tell a story.
http://trip-reports.com/coppermine/d...?album=8&pos=6

Nice one. * The champ doesn't need touching up.
Those crappies are really nice.
Do you fillet them or just gut and fry?

--Vic

Crappies? *I doooon't think so.

Come on Vic, you're a good Midwestern boy, you should be able to ID a
crappie.

Piffle - smallish.

That' my bud Jimi there with the one fish. He loves chasing the
Calico, he wants to break the state record. He has come within ounces
a couple of times.

Hey Scott - is tht an old Halicrafters shortwave receiver in the
background?

Nope, just an old beater am/fm amp...

wrote:
On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 17:56:10 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I try not to make my pics look posed. Sometimes when I am taking pics
of family I will have them slowly move around and just keep shooting
until I get some I like. Then again, some don't need any coaching to
tell a story.
http://trip-reports.com/coppermine/d...?album=8&pos=6

Nice one. The champ doesn't need touching up.
Those crappies are really nice.
Do you fillet them or just gut and fry?

--Vic

Crappies? I doooon't think so.

Come on Vic, you're a good Midwestern boy, you should be able to ID a
crappie.

Piffle - smallish.

That' my bud Jimi there with the one fish. He loves chasing the
Calico, he wants to break the state record. He has come within ounces
a couple of times.

Actually I think those are Crappie not Calico Bass. Or, maybe Calico is
local name for what is actually a Crappie. Here in Florida the Crappies are
referred to as specs. I have caught Crappies in one place I fish down here
close to three pounds. Lots of fun and great eating.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crappie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelp_Bass

wrote:

On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 17:56:10 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Nope, just an old beater am/fm amp...- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, that is a local name for the black crappie.. We call them Calico
Bass. I understand there is a big Calico Bass they catch on the west
coast, in salt water too.. They are some of the best eating fish you
will ever have in my and many other opinions..

wrote:
On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 17:56:10 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Two different fish - fresh water and salt.

We don't see the salt version up here very much.

Specs refer to speckled trout (also known as squeteague, gray trout,
weakfish) which is some good eatin'.
Senior Member

wrote:
On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 17:56:10 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

weakfish) which is some good eatin'.- Hide quoted text -

I defer to Shortpants on this one. But I still love eating them..

Mac Pics John Cairns ASA 0 July 28th 07 03:04 AM
More Pics!!! Capt. Rob ASA 4 October 25th 05 06:12 AM
New Pics! Seahag ASA 22 December 8th 04 09:31 PM
New pics John Cairns ASA 14 March 30th 04 04:46 AM
New Lamorinda Skate Park Pics. Moraga,Ca Pics. Skate Park Moraga Ca 94556 Whitewater 0 January 12th 04 03:05 AM