John H.

Default Eyewitness: "I Never Heard the Word 'Bomb'"

On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 13:00:53 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

*JimH* wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
John H. wrote:
On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 09:26:50 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Don White wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:
Bert Robbins wrote:

"Jim Carter" wrote in message

"Bert Robbins" wrote in message
. ..

It means they were properly trained to handle and use firearms.

One shot, one kill.
I had heard on the news today that there were many shots fired.
Does that
mean that several people were killed that we don't know about?
It means that when you fire your weapon you hit what you are aiming
at.

If six guys aimed at the same person then that person should have six
bullets in him.

Something you learned from your years of weekend warrior combat
experience guarding the loo, Bertie?

Bert would have lobbed half a dozen artillery shells at the hapless
victim...from a safe distance of course.

I have a feeling Bert would need a half dozen boxes of ammo to hit the
side of a barn. Accuracy with firearms requires regular practice. I go
to one of three ranges at least once a month, year-around. Most of the
cops I see at the ranges are there about every other week. I've asked
them about that. It's fun to shoot with cops, because they sometimes
have "unusual" guns with them, and they'll let you pop off a few rounds
if they recognize you and you ask.
LOL!

What a joke!

--

You planning to meet me at the Gilbert range near you, to show off your
military prowess with a handgun, Herring?

I also go out to the Blue Ridge facility in Chantilly. I've not seen you
there, either. Or at the MSAR.

I suspect what you shoot off these days is...your mouth.

You are proud of your guns, rifles and shotguns, and rightfully so. You
stated you will use them to protect you and your wife against an intruder,
perhaps whose sole intention is only to steal your super fast computer.

Yet air marshals who are assigned to protect us should not use their guns
when confronting a suicide bomber.

Interesting.

A. I believe in home defense.

B. I would only shoot an intruder whom I perceived to
be a physical threat.

C. The dead guy was not a suicide bomber. Or any other kind of bomber.

D. I suspect Herring, with his vision, would not be able to hit a
man-sized target with a handgun from 25 yards.

Not on the first shot, but I've learned how to adjust. Of course, I don't go bragging about what I
shoot, how well I shoot, where I shoot, and with whom I shoot.

--
John H

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Wishing you Peace, Fellowship, and Good Humor as we celebrate the birth of OUR Lord, Jesus Christ on the Christmas Holy Day.
Don White

Lord Reginald Smithers wrote:
Bill,
Harry is not anti-handgun, he likes to shot handguns. He just doesn't want
anyone else to own a handgun.

...or at least, none of the gun happy righties.
John H.

wrote:

Don White wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:
Bert Robbins wrote:

"Jim Carter" wrote in message

[...]

This, by a person who is anti-handgun?

I'm not anti-handgun.
I'm anti-any-idiot-who-can-breathe-being-able-to-buy-one.
I used to be totally against private ownership of handguns, but
unlike your president, I am capable of learning and have modified my
views over the years. I am still, however, opposed to private citizens
owning fully auto handguns or rifles.
I prefer shotguns for home defense.
I've shot firearms for fun most of my life, mostly shotguns.

Where would you find a 'fully automatic handgun'? I don't believe I've ever seen one. Of course, I'm
not nearly the firearms expert you proclaim yourself to be.

--
John H

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Wishing you Peace, Fellowship, and Good Humor as we celebrate the birth of OUR Lord, Jesus Christ on the Christmas Holy Day.
Doug Kanter

"Don White" wrote in message
Lord Reginald Smithers wrote:
Bill,
Harry is not anti-handgun, he likes to shot handguns. He just doesn't
want anyone else to own a handgun.

..or at least, none of the gun happy righties.

I resent that remark. I own a gun primarily to deal with a situation which I
know is coming soon: I will walk into the living room to discuss something
briefly with my son, who will be in TV coma mode. His only response will be
"Uh huh.....OK". You've seen this - you know the teenager has absolutely no
idea what you just said. I will then hand him the shooting glasses and
hearing protector things and tell him to put them on. He'll say "Uh huh" and
mindlessly obey. I will then shoot the TV.

Televisions are so cheap that it would be worth $300 bucks just to see the
look on his face, and get perhaps get a week or three of attentiveness out
of him.

:-)

Doug Kanter

wrote:

Don White wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:
Bert Robbins wrote:

"Jim Carter" wrote in message

[...]

I'm not sure why you'd want one. Seems tactically stupid. You'd go through
the whole magazine too fast.

Don White

Doug Kanter wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

[...]

Might be better to take your angle cutter pliers and cut the plug off.
Doug Kanter

"Don White" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

[...]

That would be cheaper, I guess, and not so much cleanup afterward.

Skipper

Harry Krause wrote:

Not on the first shot, but I've learned how to adjust. Of course, I
don't go bragging about what I shoot, how well I shoot, where I
shoot, and with whom I shoot.

Gosharoonie. I can hit a small pie-plate sized target at 25 yards with a
semi-auto handgun the first shot and almost every shot, if I
concentrate, and you have to adjust to hit a "man-sized" target?

I suspect you don't "shoot" at all, with a handgun or otherwise.

Is your bad aim another reason why we lost in Vietnam?

I've fitted Crimson Trace Laser grips to my S/W .357 magnum on the
theory that once the perp realizes there is a bright red dot moving
about the middle of his chest a motivation change will result. Thus, no
need to pull the trigger...the ultimate *defensive* weapon.

--
Skipper
Skipper

Default Better *Defensive* Handgun

Harry Krause wrote:

I've fitted Crimson Trace Laser grips to my S/W .357 magnum on the
theory that once the perp realizes there is a bright red dot moving
about the middle of his chest a motivation change will result. Thus, no
need to pull the trigger...the ultimate *defensive* weapon.

When did you get a pardon? Ex-felons aren't usually allowed ownership of
handguns. Even wheel guns.

So, which is the better *defensive* handgun, a S&W .357 mag fitted with
laser grips or a Glock auto?

--
Skipper
Doug Kanter

"Skipper" wrote in message
Harry Krause wrote:

I've fitted Crimson Trace Laser grips to my S/W .357 magnum on the
theory that once the perp realizes there is a bright red dot moving
about the middle of his chest a motivation change will result. Thus, no
need to pull the trigger...the ultimate *defensive* weapon.

When did you get a pardon? Ex-felons aren't usually allowed ownership of
handguns. Even wheel guns.

So, which is the better *defensive* handgun, a S&W .357 mag fitted with
laser grips or a Glock auto?

--
Skipper

How long is the barrel on your gun?